The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HE
headliner101
Interesting at the 12.00 ET today, Bouldan presented Newsroom instead of John King presenting Inside Politics.
TM
TMD_24
Interesting at the 12.00 ET today, Bouldan presented Newsroom instead of John King presenting Inside Politics.

That's happened all this week. I imagine he's got holiday this week.
NE
Newsroom
If Brooke Baldwin's latest insta post is anything to go by, then the major anchor changes at Domestic should happen on Monday April 19th, with her final appearance being on April 16th.
HE
headliner101

But it's strange because they could have gotten a relief presenter like Abby Phillip.
TM
TMD_24

But it's strange because they could have gotten a relief presenter like Abby Phillip.

Yeah it's a bit strange because they have found cover for that hour before. I remember John King having a week off in December and even though it was a generic Newsroom slot then, you had the likes of Dana Bash and Nia-Malika Henderson cover his hour and Abby Phillip was available if they wanted to have someone from Washington do the 12pm hour rather than another hour from New York and a generic Newsroom show.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Looking through old posts, I realise I first posted in this thread on 20th January 2009 after Obama's first inauguration and have been around these parts for his re-election, Trump's first and now Biden's. How time flies - thanks all for the conversation!

I think Wolf's oft-used rememberance wishes are appropriate. When the time comes next week - may this thread rest in peace, and it's memories be a blessing.

NE
Newsroom
Looking through old posts, I realise I first posted in this thread on 20th January 2009 after Obama's first inauguration and have been around these parts for his re-election, Trump's first and now Biden's. How time flies - thanks all for the conversation!

I think Wolf's oft-used rememberance wishes are appropriate. When the time comes next week - may this thread rest in peace, and it's memories be a blessing.

Here, Here! One of the best 'super threads' to stand the test of time.
SI
sigma421

I genuinely think the CNN International 2006 look that kicked off this thread was one of the best TV news packages of all time (and probably my favourite from the lifetime of TV Forum). Slick and understated but still unique and very CNN. It also inspired so much stuff that is still on screen.

CF
CallumF
It's Ana Cabrera's last weekend anchoring this week:

Her last show will be tomorrow afternoon.

Imagine she'll be off air next week with the new schedule launching the following week - not sure if Jim Acosta's show will start next week or the following with 3rd/4th April shows being hosted by fill-in anchors.
NZ
nznewser

I genuinely think the CNN International 2006 look that kicked off this thread was one of the best TV news packages of all time (and probably my favourite from the lifetime of TV Forum). Slick and understated but still unique and very CNN. It also inspired so much stuff that is still on screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jEfzKAsUoU

All the best everyone hope to see you on one of the new forums in the near future!
LO
LivefromORL

Imagine she'll be off air next week with the new schedule launching the following week

In a response to the linked tweet Cabrera mentioned her show will launch April 12th at 1pm
CallumF and Newsroom gave kudos
NE
Newsroom

Imagine she'll be off air next week with the new schedule launching the following week

In a response to the linked tweet Cabrera mentioned her show will launch April 12th at 1pm

This is turning into a process of deduction as CNN have yet to reveal when the the new schedule will commence, with the new schedule being rolled out over weeks rather than on one day as I'd imagined previously.

So this means, Keilar will probably be relocating to NYC during that time as Baldwin will be doing the 2-4, same as Victor Blackwell.

I'm very interested to see how Keilar and Berman work out on 'New Day'. I've always been an avid viewer of 'New Day' when I lived in NYC for years and also back in London. I particularly loved the chemistry between Camerota and Berman.

We'll be hearing two new show announces from the legendary James Earl Jones aka Darth Vader.

"This is NEW DAY, with John Berman and Briann Keilar"
"This is NEW DAY WEEKEND, with Cristi Paul and Boris Sanchez"

Newer posts