The Gallery

N8 2002-2003 Recreation

Recreation of the former BBC News 24 set (December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DT
DTV
Just in time for Christmas, here are some fantastic renders of the recreation from Critique who has spent quite a few man- and computing- hours perfecting the lighting on this very hard to light set, for which I am enormously thankful. Not just are these pictures so much clearer and cleaner than my renders, I really feel they bring out the warmth of the era in a way that my renderer just couldn't.

JO
Joe
Just reiterating what I said above - this is so good.
AL
AaronLancs
(Pick jaw up from the ground)

Thanks for a brilliant Christmas present love image number five, a missed opportunity methinks. For a BBC World-esque reverse camera shot.

93 days later

DT
DTV
It is the end of the forum, it's the set that was used when TVF was launched (sort of) and you lot did like it a lot. So as a parting gift, here is BBC N8 - 2002 in SketchUp form.

Just a few terms and conditions, please don't upload it anywhere else and, as it does contain my N8 base, if you are going to strip it back and use it for your own SketchUp models that's OK, but please inform me first.
Last edited by DTV on 31 March 2021 7:03pm - 3 times in total
Willz and Philip Cobbold gave kudos
WI
Willz
DTV, you are a legend, thank you very much!
DF
DrewF
DTV posted:
It is the end of the forum, it's the set that was used when TVF was launched (sort of) and you lot did like it a lot. So as a parting gift, here is BBC N8 - 2002 in SketchUp form.

Just a few terms and conditions, please don't upload it anywhere else and, as it does contain my N8 base, if you are going to strip it back and use it for your own SketchUp models that's OK, but please inform me first.

Thank you very, very much! Hopefully we continue to see your work elsewhere.
DT
DTV
DrewF posted:
Thank you very, very much! Hopefully we continue to see your work elsewhere.

Well, I'll be moving over to TV Live Forum and hope to continue building SketchUp sets as long as you lot will let me. I've got the few ongoing projects mentioned in Odds and Ends, but I'm always coming up with ideas - a recent one is a hybrid of TVC and NBH sets - such as a cream and red version of the NBH-B layout.

Newer posts