TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm just glad TV Forum hasn't closed prematurely and been hastily replaced by Independent Forum Service for Television Branding and Presentation... Wink
FO
FanOfTV99
I'm just glad TV Forum hasn't closed prematurely and been hastily replaced by Independent Forum Service for Television Branding and Presentation... Wink

To be honest, I'm glad TV Forum wont get cut off in the middle of a discussion and gets replaced with something like this

without any warning. Very Happy
GH
Ghost

I’m glad we won’t end like The Sopranos Very Happy

DM
DeMarkay
Coming up...

Many TV Forum users are saying their goodbyes...

Quote:
My 8,070th, and final post here at TV Forum.

Thanks for watching.

Rob Francis, TV Forum, Basingstoke.

Some are waiting until the final...

I will stay around till the very last

And some are being indecisive...

Am I the only person here, not deciding to make a consciously final post? I was just going to carry on as normal. This might be the last one, or I might post something at 11pm on the 31st. I just dunno. It's what helps makes life so exciting 😎

See you after break.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Am I the only person here, not deciding to make a consciously final post? I was just going to carry on as normal. This might be the last one, or I might post something at 11pm on the 31st. I just dunno. It's what helps makes life so exciting 😎

Yes, and based on the last few weeks, we will probably see about 3 more major TV events between now and the end of the month!
UT
UTVLifer
Unless anything major happens between now and next Wednesday, this will probably be one of my last posts. Knowing me, my last, last post would probably be in the UTV thread after next Tuesday's UTV Life Music Special.

From a long-time TV geek and lurker on here, to a short time account holder (I only joined properly last September) this is UTV Lifer saying a very good night and well, goodbye. I'll see you on the other side/TV Live forum next week

Stay safe guys and I'm slightly excited to see who will get the final post
JA
JAS84

Yes, and based on the last few weeks, we will probably see about 3 more major TV events between now and the end of the month!
I don't suppose any channels are planning a rebrand in the next five days?
DM
DeMarkay
What time does TVF close?

Asking for a friend Wink
NYTV and Inspector Sands gave kudos
BE
Ben Founding member
Coming up...

Many TV Forum users are saying their goodbyes...

Some are waiting until the end....

And some are being indecisive....

See you after break.

I hadn't even given it any thought Embarassed Perhaps this is going to be my last post?
BH
BillyH Founding member
Having saluted our talented members, I would like, if I may on your behalf, to thank all of those thousands of men and women who have worked so creatively behind the posts to bring you the best forum we could. And we would like to thank you, our readers. It has been a privilege to serve you. And for now, from all of us, at TV Forum, past and present, we wish all of you, a Happy New Easter.

*Annie Lennox starts singing over a montage*
JB
JexedBack

This will drive you crazy, but I know of three big projects in the works and in the pipelines, that when we are allowed to say, will keep us talking over at GMTV.. err TV Live Forum...for a good while.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
Mar 31st, 2021 (with the sound of "Celebrate Good Times" in the background and the current & previous mods dancing):

Asa: "Well, it's nearly time to say goodbye. Recently we've had an absolute avalanche of letters and cards from forumers wishing us well. But it's now high time we thanked you the posters (starts gently sobbing) *excuse me* for your loyalty".

Charlie Wells: "Yes, even now (*whispers "it's OK" to Asa*) on our final day we remain quite easily the most popular online presentation discussion forum. Thank you for that."

Bail: "We wish the staff and moderators at Thames TV, TSW, and TVS all the best on their last day as well. But if you'll just forgive the self-indulgence for a time, it's time for the last farewell to our posters. In the words of the song, they're 'Simply The Best'".

(CAROUSEL OF POSTER IMAGES)

(CUT BACK TO STUDIO - FOUNDING MEMBERS STANDING BEHIND Asa, Charlie, and Bail SAT ON SOFA)

Asa: "Aahh what a bunch of rogues and you're the biggest rogues of all (comments directed at Charlie/Bail) . C'mon, give us a kiss."

Charlie/Bail: "Thank you".

Bail: "It's been great modding with you".

(upset and emotional laughter between the three)

Charlie Wells: "And now you know I'm going to be a passport photographer!"

Asa (summing up): "We'd like to thank everybody who's been posting on TV Forum. We've enjoyed your company but from TV Forum, sadly, we now have to say it finally, 'thank you and goodbye'".

Charlie (drown out by cheering founding members): "And happy new month".

FREEZE-FRAME COLOUR TO MONO - TV FORUM LOGO IN CENTRE BOTTOM OF SCREEN. "2001" DISPLAYED TO LEFT OF LOGO, "2021" TO RIGHT.

April 1st, 2021:

"Good morning. A new day, a new month, a new discussion forum. Welcome to TV Live Forum, Britain's brightest place to talk idents and prez".

Newer posts