TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
My 8,070th, and final post here at TV Forum.

I joined this forum as a 16 year old who found this place a welcome distraction from my GCSE revision. 20 years later, I'd like to think that my presence here was a welcome one, even though I made some mistakes along the way.

To those of you joining me at the new forum, I look forward to welcoming you next week. If not, take care and look after yourselves.

Thanks for watching.

Rob Francis, TV Forum, Basingstoke.
DE
deryn
rob posted:

I joined this forum as a 16 year old who found this place a welcome distraction from my GCSE revision. 20 years later, I'd like to think that my presence here was a welcome one, even though I made some mistakes along the way.

To those of you joining me at the new forum, I look forward to welcoming you next week. If not, take care and look after yourselves.

Thanks for watching.

and all the best for tv live forum
NL
Ne1L C
See you there.
JA
JAS84
rob posted:

Thanks for watching.

I like how you signed that off like a TV journalist ending a report. Smile
CA
Catman_67
While I am still very new and spent most of my time here as an anonymous, I'd still like to thank Asa and the team for the work that they've done during the past 20 years, and I completely understand why you have chosen to close it. And many thanks as well for helping others (including myself) take an interest in broadcasting, presentation and graphics design. Smile Here's to a new start at TV Live!
NL
Ne1L C
This is my last post on TV Forum. I've been trying to find something suitable to reflect not just the ending of the forum but also about how we should have hope for the future not just with TV Live Forum:

“Good times are a reminder and a reward for dealing with the difficult and challenging times we all go through. The trick is to celebrate the good times in advance of the difficult times. Always remember, good times await you after the difficult times pass….”
― James A. Murphy, The Waves of Life Quotes and Daily Meditations

Here's to the future. Thumbs up
MarkT76, London Lite and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
RD
Roger Darthwell
rob posted:

Thanks for watching.

I will see you there!
MA
Markymark
Am I the only person here, not deciding to make a consciously final post? I was just going to carry on as normal. This might be the last one, or I might post something at 11pm on the 31st. I just dunno. It's what helps makes life so exciting 😎
LL
London Lite Founding member
I'm staying around until the 31st.
HA
harshy Founding member
Me as well I think whatever happens tv forum will always be a bookmark on my devices Very Happy
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Am I the only person here, not deciding to make a consciously final post? I was just going to carry on as normal. This might be the last one, or I might post something at 11pm on the 31st. I just dunno. It's what helps makes life so exciting 😎

Should all partake in the "last ever post" contest on here, starting soon Wink
RD
Roger Darthwell
I will stay around till the very last

Newer posts