The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UN
Universal_r
Also, the papers presenter does the 2230 GMT summary on world, just before the papers start. The papers probably could’ve been in E this week and next due to katty and Christian finishing at 2225 so Christian could do the summary but it would’ve been pointless doing it for just two weeks.
I assume that’s why NaT never finishes bang on 2230 because it would clash with the world summary.
Although I do wonder why the presenter in Washington can’t do the headlines as they would have just finished WNA and the papers could start from E at 2240 with the sport bulletin between NaT and the papers starting.
JF
JF World News
Did a fire alarm go off midway through WBR this morning? Sounds like it and iPlayer cut after ad break?

"Rogue cameras, flashing lights, sirens & morphing into Stephen King. Its been quite a shift." Victoria Fritz
UN
Universal_r
They cut to hard talk after the break so there must’ve been quite a few issues.

Turns out they did have to evacuate, does anyone know if world news was back at 6am GMT?

Last edited by Universal_r on 19 March 2021 1:32pm
HA
harshy Founding member
Strange Studio C looks a tad different, they forgot to switch the lights on where the vents are.
RN
Rolling News
Strange Studio C looks a tad different, they forgot to switch the lights on where the vents are.

They were in E overnight last night.
HA
harshy Founding member
It’s still dark in that area above the screens just looks weird.
UN
Universal_r
I thought something was odd, they’re on in the far left of the studio not the rest though. I’ve noticed a few times the lights under the background screens on the left of the studio just behind the catwalk were flickering on and off and sometimes off altogether. Maybe that’s what was being fixed last night.
Last edited by Universal_r on 26 March 2021 2:35pm - 2 times in total
HA
harshy Founding member
How is the light done for the pillar btw?
DT
DTV
How is the light done for the pillar btw?

I think it's just an LED spot, that's how it's done in Studio B. You are right about the 'grill' section above the backdrop wall, usually there is a white LED strip illuminating it from the top. To be fair some of these sets have been in use for nearly nine years now (including the pre-launch rehearsals), I wouldn't be surprised if we are starting to see the odd hardware failure.
HA
harshy Founding member
Is that a vent for the screens I am sure it’s not a studio feature in studio e.
DT
DTV
Is that a vent for the screens I am sure it’s not a studio feature in studio e.

I don't think it has any practical function, although am willing to be corrected. I assume that its supposed to somewhat emulate the big grill/lightbox feature that is above the curved videowall in Studio B.

Studio E has no set on that side of the studio, presumably to give as clear a view of the newsroom as possible, but also because I'm not sure that it would fit height wise. If you had a fully Studio C-style set in Studio E, that grill section would probably be obscured by the studio lights as the ceiling is only about 3m high.
UN
Universal_r
It’s strange that studio C was getting some maintenance done last night and they didn’t fix it. Although, they were working before they moved studios, so maybe it just happened this morning when they moved back from E.

Newer posts