TV Home Forum

Thank You Asa!

(March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
As you are probably all aware by now, TV Forum is to close on the 31st of March. As a token of our appreciation for the work that Asa has done with the forum, it was suggested that we raise some money for a charity he supports. After a chat with him, he has chosen the Teenage Cancer Trust, a fantastic charity that exists to improve the cancer experience of young people aged 13–24.

If you would like to donate, please do so. The link is https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thankyouasa

I know that times are very tough at the moment, so please do not worry if you can't afford to donate anything at this time.

A big thank you must go to Brekkie and sjhoward for the idea of doing this.
Last edited by rob on 25 March 2021 7:11pm
JO
Josh
Great idea Brekkie and even more brilliant that we've reached 50% of our goal already. I can't donate currently but I will make sure to do so when I'm able to! Smile
BA
bilky asko
Josh posted:
Great idea Brekkie and even more brilliant that we've reached 50% of our goal already. I can't donate currently but I will make sure to do so when I'm able to! Smile

Well even a reply will help more eyes see the thread and learn about what the charity does, it's all good for the cause.
DB
dbfriends Founding member
What a great idea! This is my first post here in I don’t know how many years but I’ve been reading along the whole time. The amount I’ve got out of the forum is definitely worth a few quid Smile
DE88, Brekkie and House gave kudos
HO
House
£455 raised for charity in the roughly six hours since Rob posted the link. Wow. Great outcome for the charity, but also a great show of the love, respect and thanks we all have for Asa and TVF. Nice job Rob, Brekkie and everyone who's donated or shared.
DE88, rob and Brekkie gave kudos
SC
scottishtv Founding member
House posted:
Nice job Rob, Brekkie and everyone who's donated or shared.

Agree - I think sjhoward should also get a mention for putting forward the same suggestion in the 'and finally' thread.
DE88, Brekkie and House gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member
House posted:
Nice job Rob, Brekkie and everyone who's donated or shared.

Agree - I think sjhoward should also get a mention for putting forward the same suggestion in the 'and finally' thread.

I never saw that, so I'll edit the original post.
DE88, Brekkie and scottishtv gave kudos
BB
BBI45
Josh posted:

When I clicked the JustGiving link, I was thinking of donating £10. After finding out my friend isn't able to donate right now, I decided to also donate £10 on his behalf. Me and Josh have become quite good mates over the recent years, and I doubt that would have happened if it wasn't for TV Forum.

At least £495 raised for a great cause. Well done to Brekkie, sjhoward, and Rob for having the idea and putting it together. But most importantly...

Thank you Asa for everything you've done!
FA
fanoftv
What an amazing idea Brekkie! Thank you for arranging it Rob and thank you Asa for so many years of wonderful discussion bringing the presentation geek within me a lot of joy and company.

Money is a little tight at the moment, but I have given a little donation.
DE88, Brekkie and rob gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Great to see the first two targets smashed so quickly. I knew like myself others here would like to just do a little more than just say thank you just to show some appreciation for what Asa and TV Forum has given us over the last 20 years. Also thanks to Rob for making the idea a reality.
DW
DavidWhitfield
BBI45 posted:
After finding out my friend isn't able to donate right now, I decided to also donate £10 on his behalf. Me and Josh have become quite good mates over the recent years, and I doubt that would have happened if it wasn't for TV Forum.

This is very sweet and brilliantly highlights the fact that this site is so much more than a place to post a comment about how little you like the Oneness idents or how much you enjoy Simon McCoy's wry delivery.

I too have made incredibly strong bonds with people whom - without this forum - I would never have met. I will be forever grateful for that and I will certainly not be alone in feeling this way. It's something which I hope Asa realises.
FA
fanoftv
What a marvellous sentiment David, you have summed things up brilliantly. It has been a much loved community bound by the love of presentation. I’m sure that it has been more than a web forum for a lot of us here.

Newer posts