Digital Spy axes General Discussion forum

Also, Politics and Showbiz (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
Thread closed in 3...2...1...
PL
plymouthbloke1974
It was never a right-wing forum and you know it.

Yes it was, there used to be a very sizable BNP/EDL contingent on there at one time for starters, I'm sure you just preferred to ignore it.

That's the type of poisonous statement that puts people off.

You're accusing plymouthbloke1974 of tolerating a "very sizable BNP/EDL contingent" with the implicit suggestion being that he ignored it because he somehow sympathised with their views.

Whether he does or not (and I suspect not), that's the toxic **** that's poisoning the internet and public life in general.

"If you don't agree with me, then you must be a...." Predictable, insulting, low-grade **** response.

Thank you - and you’re correct, I do not sympathise with their views. If I chose to ignore them it’s because I didn’t want to get involved in their smearing and hate, however it appears the far left on there are now guilty of the same crime whilst in full denial.
SL
Shaun Linden
So the DS Politics forum was right wing for years yet never caused any issue? It somehow goes left wing and that's when the real nastiness set in?

The forum would have always had a mix of posters imo. My issue is there was clear bias from the mods there, and it's not just me who could see that as clear as day.

Its sad that's its closed but not surprising. General discussion didn't feel too bad, that one I'm more shocked at.
JA
james-2001
A few points I'll make- people will jump on my BNP/EDL comment, but funnily enough nobody's jumping on plymouthbloke's accusation that I'm "far left" (when on the other hand I've been accused of being a "Red Tory" from enough left-leaning people enough times over the years) or at least was happy to be on a forum that was supposedly 95% far left (for a supposed far left/marxist forum there seemed to be a lot of hate for Jeremy Corbyn and his wing of the party...). How is that any better?

It's pretty well known that many DS politics right wingers set up their own private, invite only forum after they decided it went too "woke". If that doesn't fit the definition of echo chamber or people not wanting to be exposed to views other than their own, I don't know what is, so it's hard for anyone who used that place to accuse DS of being an echo chamber. Wouldn't be suprised to find plymouthbloke is on there, or at least one of the other forums which was dedicated to slagging off members of DS.

I've actually had people find my private social media and send abusive messages to it as well as dig into details of my private and personal life and post them publicly just because they don't agree with what I posted on DS. How is that remotely acceptable behaviour, actually invading people's privacy? Have I acted like that towards any right-leaning member on DS.. or any other site? If you don't like people being nasty to you on forums, imagine what it's like to actually have your private details of your personal life dug into and made public.

Neither in this thread or on DS did I blame on particular group or person for what happened there and why DS was closed down, but I had plymouthbloke jump on me attacking and having digs at me anyway. I'm not going to claim I've been innocent (I imagine they blame me for them getting banned from DS in the first place), or that the left wingers on DS in general were, but plymouthbloke on here playing the victim and acting like I'm the real villain of the piece and it's all the fault of "lefties" (or the "far left" as he thinks we are) is laughable. You've been just as unplesant on those forums as I have.
Last edited by james-2001 on 24 March 2021 1:29pm - 9 times in total
BA
bilky asko
A few points I'll make- people will jump on my BNP/EDL comment, but funnily enough nobody's jumping on plymouthbloke's accusation that I'm "far left"[...]

Could that be because nobody here really cares about politics squabbles on Digital Spy?
plymouthbloke1974, Joe and rob gave kudos
JO
Joe
*sigh*
JA
james-2001
A few points I'll make- people will jump on my BNP/EDL comment, but funnily enough nobody's jumping on plymouthbloke's accusation that I'm "far left"[...]

Could that be because nobody here really cares about politics squabbles on Digital Spy?

Tell that to the member who bought them here in the first place (and ironically has kudosed your post).
AS
Asa Admin
Didn't take long for some of the posts in this thread to be headache-inducing.

Thread closed.

Newer posts