News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SO
Soupnzi
Deleted
Last edited by Soupnzi on 23 March 2021 12:08am
CK
Ckck1704
No further posts are being accepted for this forum(well, from 31st march)
RO
rob Founding member

Really? Nobody told me!!! Rolling Eyes
SL
Shaun Linden
Is there a specific time this place will stop?

A video on a loop similar to the end of the Nine O'clock News would be fitting.

"And that is, or rather that was, TV Forum."
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Is there a specific time this place will stop?

A video on a loop similar to the end of the Nine O'clock News would be fitting.

"And that is, or rather that was, TV Forum."

LL
Larry the Loafer

Good thing it's closing on the same day isn't it? Otherwise it'd be a waste.
JO
Johnr
Interestingly Digital Spy have also just announced bye bye to their General Discussion, Politics and Showbiz forums so it'll presumably be a lot quieter on there too soon!
RN
Rolling News

No way!?? And there was me plotting a TVF April Fools too 🙄
NYTV, TVViewer256 and Ittr gave kudos
JA
japitts
I'm also a long-time lurker, and will be sorry to see this site go- but understand the reasons, and will join the replacement!

I've posted mainly in the sports section - there's a few others forums where some of the same material gets discussed, but it's always seemed more level-headed in here. I hope I've phrased that complement properly...
Asa and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
This is indeed a sad day for broadcasting forums. I can understand why after 20 years it’s time to bring this to an end. Asa has spoken with candour and honesty about his reasons. I can only respond with equal candour.

I left TVF last year because of the bullying that I was getting. I had no choice but to go. It had got to the point where I was scared to post anything at all and it shouldn’t have happened. Those people should hang their heads in shame.

For me TVF was an escape from a lot of bad stuff in my life and at first it was great. But cancel culture crept in and the actions of a minority ruined my experience.

For my part and this is with hindsight i admit some of my posts were inappropriate but I always offered them in good faith. But that faith was destroyed but those who sort to shut me down and insult me.

As some know I’m autistic and that led to me grabbing the wrong end of the stick but that doesn’t excuse some people on here.

I’ve butted heads with some including asa and my namesake Neil Jones but to Neil’s credit he did pm last year to apologise for his actions.

Asa is right about the political posts and some of my post were that but I always tried to link them to broadcasting albeit in my own way but I will say that if Metropol was referred to more than the political views may have made their way there. I was on metropol but left after some of my posts were cut.

It is sad that TVF is closing and DS have butchered their forums. I hope that a successor will come along but without the poison

To those who have supported me thank you so much. To those who have attacked me you can stick your heads up your arses!

To most of you including the mods. I wish you all the best.
BR
Brekkie
I think one thing that really came across in the "what you like about this telly stuff" thread is how TV Forum was a safe space for many to discuss what is a fairly niche passion for television presentation, and for much of it's life it truly was.

There is no better person to take charge of it's successor than Rob, and it is down to those who post to ensure it thrives and that those behind the posts are respected as people. We've lost too many good members here over the last couple of years due to the conduct of a few who made them feel unwelcome.
LL
London Lite Founding member
In general if I got into any deep arguments on here, I'd take a break for a couple of days and then come back refreshed.

In my time here, I only got one warning and was never banned, which I believe is down to the majority of the posts being of a higher standard than on DS, where it's clear some people in the media parts of the forum are purely there to troll or just post absolute nonsense.

Over there, talking about tv presentation is a chore, but here has largely been with people who are on the level.

Newer posts