14 BULLSEYE (MON 23:00) 93,300
15 CLASSIC WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (TUE 22:00) 91,500

Source: BARB
LL
Larry the Loafer
Christ, that's depressing to read.
TV
Tv2333
Well conclusive proof that the amount of monkeys given to or by Challenge to anything about this channel is now officially zero. The voice overs don't match the programmes, they don't match the ECPs, the ECPs themselves don't match the programme they're on ("More Wheel of Fortune" after an episode of The Chase for example), advertising programmes that aren't even on... Credit edits that are literally a straight cut with no regard to the end result and for no obvious reason, presentation full of references to stuff they haven't shown in a month of Sundays, Even the amount of adverts being shown seems to have been reduced, replaced primarily by trailers for content on the rest of the Sky channels (primarily Sky Atlantic and Cinema). The channel is effectively sponsored by itself via Sky VIP, clearly nobody else is interested.

Sigh. It used to be so good. Now it looks like its limping along on life-support. I can only presume something contractual is keeping this lame duck going (or they're holding onto it in case they can stick more football on it like they did last year).

Their promo for Tenable makes no mention of the timeslot it's on weeknights which is 6pm
IN
Interceptor
Well conclusive proof that the amount of monkeys given to or by Challenge to anything about this channel is now officially zero. The voice overs don't match the programmes, they don't match the ECPs, the ECPs themselves don't match the programme they're on ("More Wheel of Fortune" after an episode of The Chase for example), advertising programmes that aren't even on... Credit edits that are literally a straight cut with no regard to the end result and for no obvious reason, presentation full of references to stuff they haven't shown in a month of Sundays, Even the amount of adverts being shown seems to have been reduced, replaced primarily by trailers for content on the rest of the Sky channels (primarily Sky Atlantic and Cinema). The channel is effectively sponsored by itself via Sky VIP, clearly nobody else is interested.

Sigh. It used to be so good. Now it looks like its limping along on life-support. I can only presume something contractual is keeping this lame duck going (or they're holding onto it in case they can stick more football on it like they did last year).

Mismatched/mistimed ECPs and continuity has been a problem since Sky took over, nothing new.

They've always shown trails from other group channels, that's nothing new either. Nor is having hardly any of their own trails to show.

The continuity is a weird one - I get the impression it was commissioned by a different bunch to those who are now in charge, as clearly variety is not their aim currently. Hadn't Countdown already been finished off before they started though?

What I'd remind everyone is that it's not for us - the die hard who would love to see xyz classic/weird/odd programme and could probably happily spend a whole night watching a channel with a variety of that content (as Challenge typically did in their 'golden eras'). It's for the people flicking through the EPG and get tempted by a familiar name that will pull them in. 3-2-1 is not that.
DE
DE88
I'm still predicting that Challenge will be closed by the end of this year. Embarassed

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

8 days later

TV
Tv2333
Tenable to be replaced by Bullseye from the 2nd April.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Thank god.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Bank Holiday coming up in a fortnight, anybody want to bet what they're showing?
PA
paul_hadley
Chase The Easter Bunny?
JB
JasonB
Chase The Easter Bunny?

Most likely!
RL
Running Late
Chase The Easter Bunny?

Did I notice the other day that Pick are showing episodes of The Chase? Is that recent?
ST
steddenm
Bank Holiday coming up in a fortnight, anybody want to bet what they're showing?

Can they not show Don't Scare The Hare ?

Newer posts