TV Home Forum

Piers Morgan to leave GMB

(March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UT
UTVLifer
Today marks a year since the last time the 2020 titles/theme were used, and I doubt we will see them again to be honest

FA
fanoftv
I quite liked the use of them for the 6am opener into the VT of news stories from around the world, but it doesn’t work coming off the back of the headlines imo.
JA
jacob_27
I thought they were much better than the current titles. Was strange of them to change on a Wednesday. Surely they’re no harder to edit the names than any other graphic ?
RN
Rolling News
Surprised Piers and Charlotte were still sat next to each other at this point. When did they start social distancing between presenters? I'm sure Breakfast were doing it by this point.
IT
Ittr
Surprised Piers and Charlotte were still sat next to each other at this point. When did they start social distancing between presenters? I'm sure Breakfast were doing it by this point.

They started using a two-metre distance from Monday 23rd, just before lockdown started.
LI
Live066

Piers and Ranvir started sitting further apart on 18th March with a small gap between them along with a stripped back crew, wasn’t full 2 metres. 19th March Adil and Ranvir also sat a little further apart then usual same for 20th March then Monday 23rd March is when all daytime shows began sitting hosts 2 metres apart and loose women was cancelled and Lorraine merged into GMB originally hosting with the male co host then after a couple of weeks she just presented by herself.

Here you can see 18th March opening when they first sat a little apart: https://youtu.be/o8oxYGrcOxY

Here you can see GMB with Lorraine on Monday 23rd March 2020: https://youtu.be/YqBEWQBAXks
Last edited by Live066 on 17 March 2021 7:21pm
Rolling News and TVViewer256 gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
Ittr posted:

They started using a two-metre distance from Monday 23rd, just before lockdown started.

Yes, just watched a few clips on YouTube to try and figure out the date.

I wonder if they will drop the 2 meter rule between presenters when (or indeed, if) restrictions end on the 21st June?
JO
Jonwo
My hunch is that they’ll probably gradually get the presenters closer together rather than go from far apart to close together in one fell swoop.
RN
Rolling News
To be fair with the split screen effect it looks like they’re next to each other anyway. So it shouldn’t be too much of a shock to the viewer.
FA
fanoftv
Jonwo posted:
My hunch is that they’ll probably gradually get the presenters closer together rather than go from far apart to close together in one fell swoop.

I think the long shots of the desk would look strange if the two presenters were sat right next to each other as before.
JA
jacob_27
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-i-wont-be-replacing-piers-morgan

Richard Madeley says he doubts he’ll be offered the job on GMB, and thinks that it’ll be an “all-woman lineup with a nod to diversity”. Doesn’t really say he doesn’t want the job.

At one point a couple of years ago, it was suggested in the papers that Richard was going to be the main stand-in for Piers. Yet he hasn’t appeared on GMB since February 2020. I wonder if we’ll see him again on GMB ?
Last edited by jacob_27 on 18 March 2021 8:30am
:-(
A former member

He doesn’t say he’s out of the running - he says the bookies’ favourite (which was him) never gets it and he predicts a female replacement.

Edit - you’ve updated to clarify.

Newer posts