The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Sky News reporting Duke of Edinburgh has left hospital.

As for Sky News itself and specifically Kimberley Leonard, I agree that she’s one of the most capable and calm presenters on Television News at the moment.

If future changes allow, I’d love to see Kimberley in Live at Five/Six territory.

Understated and extremely capable.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
I'll admit I wasn't sure about Kimberley Leonard when she first started as she has a slightly different style to some others.

However she has proved herself to be a very capable, intelligent broadcaster. She listens carefully to her guests, and asks all the right questions whilst being respectful at the same time.

Now one of my favourite presenters on Sky News.
Jeffmister and watchingtv gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
I was another person who thought at the start that Kimberley didn't quite get it, but what I like about Sky is they appear to allow presenters to develop their own style and she's perfectly fine now.

Faisal Islam when he was at Sky started off being wooden, but left as another who developed excellent delivery.
SL
Shaun Linden
I'll admit I wasn't sure about Kimberley Leonard when she first started as she has a slightly different style to some others.

However she has proved herself to be a very capable, intelligent broadcaster. She listens carefully to her guests, and asks all the right questions whilst being respectful at the same time.

Now one of my favourite presenters on Sky News.

She's great with rolling breaking news. I'm sure I recall praise on Twitter last year when something in London happened.
CW
CraigWills
Never seen these graphics on screen before. A hint towards what might be coming during the refresh at the end of the month?

JL
J. Lyric
Never seen these graphics on screen before. A hint towards what might be coming during the refresh at the end of the month?

That certainly doesn't look like the Sky font...
VA
valley

These are the new “Sky News investigating” graphics which have been used online for a few weeks; I think yesterday was the first time they made an appearance on air.
TM
TMD_24
Why is Adam Boulton presenting from College Green today cause all you see is that protester behind in every camera shot?
ME
mediamonkeyuk
Why is Adam Boulton presenting from College Green today cause all you see is that protester behind in every camera shot?

Think there is an issue with the Westminster studio as Nial decamped to the DTL position some time after 8am. Not sure if anyone else has any further detail
VA
valley

Apparently there are issues with a pungent smell in Millbank...
UN
Universal_r
Does anyone know where Tom Raynor was coming from this morning? It said he was in Westminster but there was just a grey screen behind him. He was in the Millbank studio when breakfast was there.
VA
valley
Does anyone know where Tom Raynor was coming from this morning? It said he was in Westminster but there was just a grey screen behind him. He was in the Millbank studio when breakfast was there.

He’s in the DTL studio in Millbank, which hasn’t been used much due to covid as most guests have been remote. As Niall had decamped from the studio to the newsroom, Tom ended up in there.

Newer posts