The Newsroom

Downing Street Briefing Room

First pictures (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
(obvious non political gag)Why not, half of the current cabinet suck at the job already
BR
Brekkie
dbl posted:
I can't help but stare at Henry...

Quite. If you're showing off £2.6 million of TV studio then at least remove the vacuum cleaner before you show it off to the world!

I think you'll find that's the new Home Secretary.

Well they are on the far right.

(of the picture)
EY
the eye
As an overseas person here what did they have before this? Looks ugly none the less
IS
Inspector Sands
Pete posted:
dbl posted:
I can't help but stare at Henry...

Quite. If you're showing off £2.6 million of TV studio then at least remove the vacuum cleaner before you show it off to the world!

I don't think these are official publicity shots. More likely someone got in and snapped them on their phone.

You'd hope so, but with this lot it wouldn't surprise me.

If they are leaked photos then it'll be a leak to test the waters... and the reaction has been fairly tepid
IN
Independent
As an overseas person here what did they have before this? Looks ugly none the less

The British House of Commons. Wink
JW
JamesWorldNews
I've seen worse, TBH. The White House Press Room for one.
JK
JK08
I honestly don't think it's that bad. I had low hopes to start with and almost expected a flat backdrop behind a bland podium with some rather jarring house lighting.

Here they've kept the traditional feel of the State Dining Room and blended it with functionality.
The only thing that bothers me is the random blue chunk of wall that houses a TV that's slightly too small, with a frame that's slightly too thick.

Otherwise, I'd say it looks just fine.
LH
lhx1985

I think you'll find that's the new Home Secretary.

He sucks.
TV
TVViewer256
I'm really struggling to work out how that cost 2.6 million. I know that the tech equipment is costly and the set built wouldn't have exactly come free but really?
ST
Ste Founding member
I'm really struggling to work out how that cost 2.6 million. I know that the tech equipment is costly and the set built wouldn't have exactly come free but really?

Well it didn't go out to competitive tender so the £2.6m probably includes a reward for previous donations to the Tory party.
TVViewer256 and james-2001 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
I wonder how much the Covid Briefing Room cost - what is that room used for normally?
Last edited by Brekkie on 16 March 2021 8:30pm
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
I wonder how much the Covid Briefing Room cost? What is that room used for generally?

Wouldn't have cost much. The lecterns they already had, the TV they probably also already had.

I think the room is usually used for events.

Newer posts