TV Home Forum

Piers Morgan to leave GMB

(March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DW
DavidWhitfield
Joe posted:
I wonder if the thread has run its course.

Discussion about The Talk, Sharon Osborne and personal/political comments over the past page or so has veered off-topic (though I see that some comments have already been removed), but I don't believe the whole thread should be closed as a result, especially so soon after such a sudden and fairly major change to the show. I would hope it could remain open for useful, worthwhile, relevant discussion.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 15 March 2021 4:50pm - 2 times in total
AN
Andrew Founding member
Do we know who’s presenting tomorrow? (Just curiosity, don’t think we can judge a long term plan off that of course)

Which was followed by 2 pages judging the long term plan on who presented today!
CraigWills, 030293 and Brekkie gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
Joe posted:
I wonder if the thread has run its course.

No, I don’t feel there’s been enough discussion yet on Piers’ replacement. There’s still hundreds of presenters on TV who haven’t yet been speculated as a possible contender. Plus we need somewhere to document who presents on a daily basis and judge whether they’re good enough to become main anchor in April/September.
Ittr and Meridian AM gave kudos
AS
Asa Admin
I'd say the initial reason for the thread creation has been thoroughly discussed over the past 550 posts so it will be interesting to see what worthwhile, relevant discussion there is still to be said. It can stay open for now.

The fact that the topic description has been amended to say "And other GMB Related Stuff" is somewhat frustrating given what we've asked multiple times regarding mega-threads. All it will do is encourage the usual complaints about the programme and the 'who's presenting each day' rota nonsense.
AL
alexjac0788
Does a mega-thread really matter though, considering this forum will be closed in a couple of weeks?
SC
Si-Co
Does a mega-thread really matter though, considering this forum will be closed in a couple of weeks?

No reason to let standards slip!!
BR
Brekkie
To be fair I think the "Who's presenting nonsense" over this week at least is relevant to Piers quitting.
RN
Rolling News

Well I suppose if you want a place on the new forum, it's best to behave yourself!
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Yes. Yes it does. The fact the forum is closing doesn't mean things have to go down the toilet.

Your argument is like saying I'm moving flat in two weeks, does it matter if I leave it looking like a tip? Well, yes it does, especially if you want your security deposit/TDP back when you go.
TI
timbouk
Just don’t get the ‘format’ of this show anymore. In the lat few months (more so when Piers was presenting) there was very little ‘news’, no set timetable for news updates, ‘top of the hours’ at ten past.. it was random enough to keep watching to see what was happening.

Now there are sometimes news updates from the ‘newsreader’ and the sometimes not. Also no regular times for the weather. It’s just a mess.
what, Steve Williams and Soupnzi gave kudos
AS
Ash101
Just don’t get the ‘format’ of this show anymore. In the lat few months (more so when Piers was presenting) there was very little ‘news’, no set timetable for news updates, ‘top of the hours’ at ten past.. it was random enough to keep watching to see what was happening.

Now there are sometimes news updates from the ‘newsreader’ and the sometimes not. Also no regular times for the weather. It’s just a mess.

The Headlines sequences do shock me a little bit, especially passing to the local headlines... as you blink and miss them! They speed through about 5 or 6 stories, a long(ish) weather sponsor credit with a short update before throwing back to London.

Would it harm to give them a little longer? So they can at least read the stories at normal speed
TI
timbouk
Lately it also seems such a waste of the reporters on location. After 6:30 they tend to do these very quick updates including live to often 3 or 4 different reporters across the country who utter two or three sentences before moving on. Found the outside interview against a brick wall very strange this morning. I am guessing it was because they don’t want guests in the studio but seem crazy to drag a couple of breakfast bar stools outside.

Newer posts