TV Home Forum

Dancing on Ice 2021

(September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
RyanE
Was it just me or did the two on the first interview on the screen* with Phil and Holly not appear to answer the questions they were asked?

Phil and Holly didn't say anything but my Mum and I were a bit confused!

*Sorry I don't know names, I've only watched the odd bits of the series.
WH
what
Winners are

Sonny Jay and Angela
JK
JKDerry
Well Phillip has just confirmed Dancing on Ice returns in 2022, and he added that hopefully it will be a better series than 2021.
JO
Jonwo
Let’s face it, it couldn’t get any worse!
TV
iloveTV1
Well Phillip has just confirmed Dancing on Ice returns in 2022, and he added that hopefully it will be a better series than 2021.

Makes sense, although I reckon that will be a make or break series for the show's future.
DE88, News96 and JKDerry gave kudos
JK
JKDerry
There has to be big changes planned - ITV can not be blind to the fact the show has lost its sparkle, and it was not all down to the pandemic.
Ittr, DeMarkay and Brekkie gave kudos
PE
peterh
It might not be back to Vera because isn’t the next series which is still due this year the last
JO
Jonwo
It might not be back to Vera because isn’t the next series which is still due this year the last

They’re airing Vera over two years with two episodes this year and four next year.

I imagine Vera only has a few years left anyway as Brenda Blethyn is in her 70s and there is only long she can realistically play the role.
BR
Brekkie
The added complication next year will be ITV has FA Cup rights which could impact on the Sunday evening slot, depending on how the split works out - but might just push it to 7pm rather than 6pm, or cut some episodes short, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Certainly needs a complete revamp - but also wonder if it suffers being in the shadow of two other reality talent shows on ITV the night before - but it doesn't feel big enough any more to be the show that anchors the weekend schedule.
MH
Mateus Honrado
Congrats to Sonny Jay and Angela on winning DOI.
CA
Cando
Apparently only 3.6m last night according to The Sun. The axe could be about to swing.

3.8m for the finale last night.
JO
Johnr
Shocking rating, they might as well have just stuck on a repeat of celebrity Chase!
Ittr and Meridian AM gave kudos

Newer posts