TV Home Forum

Bank Balance

Gordon Ramsay's gameshow in the tardis (February 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Johnr
1.2M last night, never to be seen again after tomorrow night!
AJ
AJB39
Johnr posted:

Maybe it'll transfer to Channel 5. Very Happy
Last edited by AJB39 on 12 March 2021 3:06pm
TVVT, DE88 and Curto21 gave kudos
UL
ulsterman92
Johnr posted:

Not quite right, Celebrity Comic Relief Special with Gino playing on Saturday Night which is being repeated on Red Nose Day then probably never heard of again although people might slag me for saying this but I thought it was a fine programme, not the best but not the worst I've seen.
JK
JKDerry
I wonder how Gordon feels about the reaction to his show, which he designed?
AS
Ash101
Tonight’s episode was the best one of the series, in my opinion. The banter between Gordon & Gino probably helped things. But they were also good (and not annoying) players.

We probably won’t see anymore episodes of this, but I think it’s a shame. It’s a good format and feels like it was poorly scheduled. Could it have faired better weekly on Saturdays.
AN
Andrew Founding member
They also got all the questions right and didn’t get any penalties, but still the bars fell and they were nowhere near winning
BR
Brekkie
I think the only chance this has is a 5 Gold Rings style makeover where you keep the premise but completely restructure the gameplay for the second series. Teams could make it work with them working together to balance the board and build the money with alternate questions and the winning team getting the money currently on the board at the time their opponents unbalance it, but that would increase the amount of winnings per episode and mean it not viable.

I suspect the more likely outcome is another show for Gordon on the BBC - this has got his foot in the door.
JO
Jonwo
I think it's more likely Studio Ramsay will make another show for the BBC rather than Bank Balance being renewed.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Weavers week on UK Gameshows has reviewed Bank Balance

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Weaver%27s_Week_2021-03-14
JK
JKDerry
Why not take Bank Balance, reformat it and bring in a new host - with Gordon maintaining the rights, ensuring he continues to have a show on air making money from the BBC?
CO
commseng
Equally why not take Bank Balance, remove it from the nations TV screens, no new host required, and no money needs to be given at all to Gordon?
Far better for all.
Cando, Running Late and Brekkie gave kudos
JK
JKDerry
Equally why not take Bank Balance, remove it from the nations TV screens, no new host required, and no money needs to be given at all to Gordon?
Far better for all.

Touche - but if the BBC want to keep the programme, then they need these changes made.

Newer posts