The Newsroom

ITV News

Deputy Political Editor (February 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BS
Ben Shatliff
Incredible hire! Turness has ITN flowing her veins, she's as ITN as you can get.

Without trying to make any very early speculation; but does anybody think we will see any significant changes over the coming month or do you think all will remain the same? I am not just meaning on screen look; but potential changes with Presenters and maybe Reporters etc.
JO
Jonwo

Without trying to make any very early speculation; but does anybody think we will see any significant changes over the coming month or do you think all will remain the same? I am not just meaning on screen look; but potential changes with Presenters and maybe Reporters etc.

Unlikely given she's going to be charge of ITN as a whole rather than just ITV News.
TO
Towielad
From the various press reports life at NBC has been not without its dramas well worth a google and read
UN
Universal_r
Why do the pictures used on ITV news still have the CBS DOG on them when itv obviously has a copy without it?
CH
chaose
Why do the pictures used on ITV news still have the CBS DOG on them when itv obviously has a copy without it?

Probably a copyright issue. Clips that are released especially for use in news coverage must include the CBS logo.

Also, broadcasting rights owned by ITV do not automatically apply to ITN since it’s a separate company.
IS
Inspector Sands
I suspect the reason is more that the copy that ITV showed is sitting on a server at Red Bee. ITN will have recorded the original American showing on Tuesday morning so that will be sitting on their system ready to be clipped up for their programmes
Jon, London Lite and chris gave kudos
HE
headliner101

This may not be the first time most of you have noticed something like what happened at 0:59. I hope viewers aren't calling ITV to ask how they did 'magic' if you know what I mean. Look, I get that social distancing makes it a challenge for staff in the galleries to make what's in front of the camera look palatable to the audience.
SO
Soupnzi

This may not be the first time most of you have noticed something like what happened at 0:59. I hope viewers aren't calling ITV to ask how they did 'magic' if you know what I mean. Look, I get that social distancing makes it a challenge for staff in the galleries to make what's in front of the camera look palatable to the audience.

It happens all the time and has done so for months, so I don’t think anyone would be calling ITV
JO
Jonwo
Does ITV News have news sharing with Seven News in Australia as I noticed a clip of Chris Ship was interviewed on Sunrise about the Harry and Meghan on Twitter.
Last edited by Jonwo on 11 March 2021 5:26am
WA
watchingtv
And Newshub NZ

13 days later

LF
LiamFitz28
Anushka Asthana is joining ITV News as their new Deputy Political Editor, its just been announced on Twitter.
London Lite, CraigWills and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Anushka Asthana is joining ITV News as their new Deputy Political Editor, its just been announced on Twitter.

Is this in addition to working on Peston?

Newer posts