TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
Jeremy wouldn't last a month on the show before being forced out.
JO
Jonwo
Jeremy wouldn't last a month on the show before being forced out.

He also wouldn't do it as it's not his sort of show.
BF
BFGArmy
If only there were a combative female interviewer, who is currently off-screen, who may also have experience of hosting at breakfast time and making the studio into a "Lion's Den" who GMB could hire. Wink

(Tongue firmly in cheek here)
MA
Meridian AM
Maybe it could be Trisha Goddard or someone else BAME. She would be good at handling the debates, considering that's what she came to ITV to do originally all those years ago...
Alas I think she lives in the US now though.
MA
Meridian AM
If only there were a combative female interviewer, who is currently off-screen, who may also have experience of hosting at breakfast time and making the studio into a "Lion's Den" who GMB could hire. Wink

(Tongue firmly in cheek here)

Yes! And she'd finally get a desk to sit at - which she didn't in the Sky Lion's Den! And it's a big one too!!
BF
BFGArmy
No doubt there'll be a ton of Ben Shepherd criticism here now simply as he's being suggested as a successor but in his favour:

a)He's already part of the team and has experience doing a capable job presenting with Susanna, Kate etc. There may not be the "fireworks" and he may be too GMTV for some on here but you also know he won't cause any additional hassle. He's the perfect "safe pair of hands".

b)Having him step back into a main role and giving others like Ranvir an enhanced role then gives ITV time to play with if they are looking for a 'Piers lite' alternative rather than having to scramble round to find a new name.
WO
Worzel
What about Jeremy Paxman? He's pretty edgy. I'd also say someone like Nick Ferrari would fit, but he's more radio than TV.

As mentioned Richard Madeley or Eamonn Holmes would also be a good fit.

My money's on Piers ending up on GB News. I suspect Andrew Neil's already been on the phone! Very Happy
LV
LondonViewer
No doubt there'll be a ton of Ben Shepherd criticism here now simply as he's being suggested as a successor but in his favour:

a)He's already part of the team and has experience doing a capable job presenting with Susanna, Kate etc. There may not be the "fireworks" and he may be too GMTV for some on here but you also know he won't cause any additional hassle. He's the perfect "safe pair of hands".

b)Having him step back into a main role and giving others like Ranvir an enhanced role then gives ITV time to play with if they are looking for a 'Piers lite' alternative rather than having to scramble round to find a new name.

Personally, I really like Ben Shepherd presenting GMB, but the reality is that he has had the main gig twice now at GMTV & GMB. It didn’t rate very well.
BF
BFGArmy

Cue Piers appearing on the Sunday edition of Breakfast. Very Happy
JO
Jonwo
Slightly off the wall suggestion but I wonder if Paul Brand would work? He's been a contributor a few times and is very good at interviewing people although he'd have to juggle that with his UK Editor role at ITV News.
AS
Asa Admin
This is the reason why megathreads are a problem. Thank you to James for creating a new thread. The conversation can be continued there.

Newer posts