JamesWorldNews
ITV Announcement just released.
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 16 March 2021 1:10am - 2 times in total
richard110888 and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
JO
Josh

JW
JamesWorldNews
Following today’s turn of events, I really can’t say I’m surprised.

He made his position untenable.
UT
UTVLifer
Wow!

This is going to big for Good Morning Britain and arguably its sink or swim moment like what happened to Daybreak after Adrian and Christine's departure.

Plus with Derek currently as ill as he is still, I don't think Kate will be parachuted into cover Piers' days like she did back in the autumn of 2015 between when Ben Shephard cut his days back in Sept and when Piers joined in in Nov
itvblocks, Ittr and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Probably going to GB News or News UK
Ittr, Ratflump and watchingtv gave kudos
SC
Score
Off air immediately do we think? Because if this was a normal resignation (which we of course know it isn't) he'd still have time lrft on his contract.

I'm not expecting him to be on air tomorrow morning. Wonder if Life Stories will still air next Thursday?
RN
Rolling News
Meh.
LL
London Lite Founding member
My guess is Piers wants a platform where he can spout off his opinions without having a panel of perceived liberal co-presenters and that's GB News in one of the evening slots.
UT
UTVLifer
Adam Boulton has read my thoughts exactly - minus the "my friend" part

Ittr and peterrocket gave kudos
NE
News96
Well it looks the past 2 days events have reached the straw that finally broke ITV's back-Can you imagine if this had broke after our shutdown on March 31st.
BB
BBI45
Score posted:
Off air immediately do we think? Because if this was a normal resignation (which we of course know it isn't) he'd still have time lrft on his contract.

I'm not expecting him to be on air tomorrow morning. Wonder if Life Stories will still air next Thursday?

I doubt they'll let him on again. Especially given that they'll likely have to report on this story tomorrow.
CR
Critique
Adam Boulton has read my thoughts exactly - minus the "my friend" part

Will be quite the curveball if it turns out he's going to Dave...!

Newer posts