TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Meridian AM
If he goes, so does a lot of the attention from the show and they will lose viewers. Like him or not (I'm not a fan), he has done well for ITV Breakfast.

Phillip Schofield joking now about Piers storming off at the start of This Morning.
JB
JasonB
I can see this being said by ITV or from one of them in the next few days: "We're still good friends, sometimes our feelings just take over the topic of discussion"
FL
Flux
I can see this being said by ITV or from one of them in the next few days: "We're still good friends, sometimes our feelings just take over the topic of discussion"

If it had happened on Loose Women , possibly, but I really can't imagine Piers Morgan saying anything even remotely similar to this!
RI
richard110888
Does anyone else think maybe Piers is trying to get himself sacked and out of the contract with ITV so he can go to GB News?

His actions over the last 24 hours have been shocking

I've said this for a few years now but I wish we could go back to a time where presenters across the board only read the news and leave opinion to the guests...and let them say more than 4 words before interrupting
RN
Rolling News
As long as he’s replaced by Eamonn Holmes or Simon McCoy ITV should be fine. It’ll be the same show just without the gassing.
JK
JK08
With Alex being used more regularly for main host relief, could it be possible that it's actually him who might get the gig should Piers be let go?
EL
elmarko
I just wanted to say "yikes" about MediaMonkey's comment and nothing more.

Ghastly.

Edit: also can we also point out that Meridian AM liked it?
Last edited by elmarko on 9 March 2021 10:57am - 2 times in total
DK
DanielK
JK08 posted:
With Alex being used more regularly for main host relief, could it be possible that it's actually him who might get the gig should Piers be let go?

Can't imagine so, he's average at best. Fills the seat when basically nobody else is available.

Really annoying that he gets a chance to fill-in and Laura is relegated to the weather corner, when we all know who the better presenter is...! Likelihood is she has probably been offered a chance to fill-in and declined, which is okay.
CF
CallumF
As long as he’s replaced by Eamonn Holmes or Simon McCoy ITV should be fine. It’ll be the same show just without the gassing.

I can’t see them replacing him with Eamonn Holmes really - especially after (whatever your thoughts on it) the ‘demotion’ at This Morning as well as quite a few comments he’s made in the past if they’re wanting to avoid any similar Piers-issues.
MA
Meridian AM

SL
Shaun Linden
From DS Forum : First ratings win for @gmb yesterday morning 7.30-7.45
GMB - 1.6m 35.7% share
BBC1 - 1.4m 31.9% share

Source: Paul Stanworth on Twitter

While good for GMB I'd be surprised if Breakfast doesn't come out on top in full slot.
GO
gottago
Anyone else wondering what it’s got to do with Alex Beresford? Stick to the weather and mind your own shop. That dreadful rambling monologue was so contrived. No wonder Piers did one.

Congratulations on writing one of the dumbest comments ever seen on Television Forum just weeks before its demise.

Newer posts