TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
I am very sorry to hear that TV Forum is to close at the end of this month. Most of the time ive enjoyed participating in the forums. I have not been as regular a visitor over the last 7-8 years as I was earlier on due to various reasons I wont go into here.

Thanks to Asa and the mods for all their hard work in keeping the forums going for 20 years.
NS
NickyS Founding member
Always curious to ask this, NickyS: did Clarence Mitchell ever buy you a beer? Nice to see you here.

🤣 no comment lol. You have a very good memory.
Isonstine, itsrobert and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
OV
Orry Verducci
I think I echo everyone elses thoughts when I say that I'm very sad to see that the forum is going to close, but I fully understand and support the decision. As they say all good things must come to an end.

Thank you Asa for providing a place for us all to come together and for so diligently taking care of it for so long.

A visit to the forum has been part of my daily routine for a large chunk of my life, so it's going to be very strange when it's gone.

Asa posted:
To all those in the industry who have lurked over the years, I hope we haven’t been too much of a frustrating read but have entertained and maybe occasionally encouraged the odd on-screen change or two. And to those who posted, the site was never designed specifically for insiders but your insight and contributions have been a privilege to read.

It's definitely entertained. There's no greater frustration than reading through many posts of speculation when you know the answer and desperately want to share it but can't, but likewise it's provided much amusement.
JA
Jamesypoo
Always curious to ask this, NickyS: did Clarence Mitchell ever buy you a beer? Nice to see you here.

Do your colleagues still describe you as "slightly dishevelled looking"?
CU
Curto21
I'm late here but when I heard the news of The TVForum coming to end I felt shocked because this is my favourite place to discuss stuff related to television.

I've had my good moments and my bad moments but I have enjoyed every minute since 2017.

I understand why this website is coming to an end and I like to send my thanks to Asa for his hard work in making this all happen and I wish him the very best in the future.

And I'm also wishing the best to Rob who will launch the TV Live Forum on April 1st.
Asa and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
WO
Worzel
This is really sad news. Thanks to everyone who's made this forum a good place to be. I know we all have our spats and disagreements from time to time but we all share one common interest, TV pres (and dislike of Oneness!!).

Did you get the hippy-shakes when you heard the news? 😉 👋

No, but I was standing up to take the news in. Very Happy And I did get my wish of stood up top of the hours being implemented on the BBC News channel... eventually. Laughing
thegeek and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
RN
Rolling News

Is your last minute appearance on News 24 anywhere to view online?
MA
Markymark

Oh, well Huw Edwards bought me a beer once, almost 25 years ago now 😬
AN
Adam Nostalgia
Hello, I am another one who has lurked on this forum for a long time, but I feel that I should make a comment before the closure.
I have always been interested in old TV, and I was rather surprised when I found that there were websites dedicated to this.
I didn't really have the courage to register to this forum when I was younger, but I was a regular reader as it was an interesting source of information.
I remember discussions of things like the forum's appearance on Liquid News, the end of regional ITV, I even remember the "London Buses Are Far Too Hot" fiasco!
A big thank you to everyone for their hard work over the past two decades, it is much appreciated by me and many others I'm sure.
TL
Tyler LastName
I’ve been here for a few years now and have rarely posted here, but I just wanna say how much I’m gonna miss this place. It has been one of my go-to places for TV Branding News. Plus, I loved seeing all the mocks in The Gallery. Hopefully TV Live Forum can fill the hole in my heart but until then, Goodbye and farewell.
Asa, pip2 and Curto21 gave kudos
PE
Pete Founding member
I remember discussions of things like the forum's appearance on Liquid News, the end of regional ITV, I even remember the "London Buses Are Far Too Hot" fiasco!

OH MY GOD I forgot about that amazing thread!
NS
NickyS Founding member

Is your last minute appearance on News 24 anywhere to view online?

Luckily its so long ago I think it missed being put on YouTube. I do have a VHS copy somewhere with the talk back track with a very very calm director when the autocue operator said the words "no presenter". 51 seconds later I was broadcasting to the world with no earpiece and certainly no make up or jacket!

Newer posts