The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
I'm amazed she was an int'l anchor as an American. I know her show ended on CNNI, but why did she transfer to CNN US?

I'd imagine Zucker wanted her on Domestic rather than her ending up doing not very much. She featured quite a lot since the election across all programming.
HE
headliner101
Interesting that Amanpour has given an interview to a network she is supposed to compete with: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56271580?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=60456a1487098402eb748029%26Oprah%20interviews%20are%20not%20%27an%20easy%20ride%27%262021-03-08T04%3A51%3A27.316Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:a07c6c3c-bbdf-43de-9243-c6d9822f4228&pinned_post_asset_id=60456a1487098402eb748029&pinned_post_type=share .
Last edited by headliner101 on 8 March 2021 1:41pm
SI
sigma421

She’s done a few BBC things over the years. She even presented a whole episode of the Today Programme on Radio 4. CNN seem fairly relaxed about working with (domestic at least) BBC services.
MA
Meridian AM
She was on BBC Marr a few weeks ago. She was on ITV Good Morning Britain a few weeks ago. I'm sure she has contributed to several other companies besides CNN.
HE
headliner101
She was on BBC Marr a few weeks ago. She was on ITV Good Morning Britain a few weeks ago. I'm sure she has contributed to several other companies besides CNN.

Contributing to ITV is fine and unsurprising given the historical partnership between CNN and ITN.
NE
Newsroom

Contributing to ITV is fine and unsurprising given the historical partnership between CNN and ITN.

Amanpour appearing on the BBC is nothing new as pointed out previously, She's been doing the newspaper review on Marr for years. She's got an agent like every other presenter and pops up all over the place. It really isn't anything out of the ordinary.
London Lite and Meridian AM gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
CNN correspondents pop up all over the place. Paris correspondent Melissa Bell is a regular contributor on Franceinfo/France 2.
TM
TMD_24
And John King was interviewed on Times Radio the other Sunday.
London Lite and Newsroom gave kudos
WI
wilmington
Quest Means Business cut to 45min... another way for CNNI to make money with the other 15min, paid/sponsored programs?
WH
what
I'm willing to bet most of that 15 minutes was adverts, trailers or the world weather filler anyway.
WI
wilmington
I am not sure what "it" is, certainly not news.
MA
Meridian AM
Quest Means Business has been reduced in length to 45 minutes on Mondays and Tuesdays.

The last 15 minutes of the hour is now more sponsored pre-recorded programming:
This week, it's "Connecting Africa". Next week, it's
"Business Traveller". (They are 30 min programmes cut into 2 parts for Mon and Tues.)

Richard pops up again just before the closing bell for "Dash to the Bell", which replaces "Profitable Moment" on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Also note that QMB is at 7pm GMT from next week, due to US clock change.

Newer posts