TV Home Forum

Royal Coverage | Harry, Meghan and Oprah

Harpo Productions Interview (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Following the suicidal thoughts revelations, Sky News are underlining their coverage by providing the contact details of the Samaritans, for anyone who has been affected in a similar way.

Meanwhile, at ITV, Piers Morgan is basically insinuating to the audience that Meghan is lying.
LL
London Lite Founding member
One of the UK viewers who watched overnight said they were watching on the Vimeo owned Livestream. I noticed some of the journalists reporting were reporting what I'd watched 5-6 mins behind, so some of those streams had a huge buffer compared to the live feed.
SL
Shaun Linden
CNN have also just put up helpline equivalent for Americans.

I have to say GMB was a disgrace this morning and I'd be surprised if nothing comes of it.
SL
Shaun Linden
One of the UK viewers who watched overnight said they were watching on the Vimeo owned Livestream. I noticed some of the journalists reporting were reporting what I'd watched 5-6 mins behind, so some of those streams had a huge buffer compared to the live feed.

ITV should have just screened it live last night, or as near live so they could cut to promos and ads.
JO
Jonwo

ITV should have just screened it live last night, or as near live so they could cut to promos and ads.

I imagine CBS had the world exclusive so ITV couldn't show it at the same time even they wanted to.
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet
Jonwo posted:

I imagine CBS had the world exclusive so ITV couldn't show it at the same time even they wanted to.

Why? ITV's biggest audience is hardly at 1am on Monday morning. Besides keen 'Royal watchers' and Meghan haters would find it online.
Alfie Mulcahy and London Lite gave kudos
BF
BFGArmy
CNN have also just put up helpline equivalent for Americans.

I have to say GMB was a disgrace this morning and I'd be surprised if nothing comes of it

Whereas sadly I'd be surprised if something does come from it (beyond a cursory slap on the wrist or weak promise to not do it again)
LL
London Lite Founding member
I think at least CBS should have shown it at the same time across all time zones as it was event television, but agree that ITV are doing the right thing by airing it at 9pm this evening when there's the best time to gain viewers and advertisers.
AA
aaron_scotland
Will be interesting to see how it rates on ITV tonight. Essentially anyone who hasn't seen it will already know every single interesting 'quotes' as it's going to be on all the news channels literally all day today.
TI
This Is Granada
Will be interesting to see how it rates on ITV tonight. Essentially anyone who hasn't seen it will already know every single interesting 'quotes' as it's going to be on all the news channels literally all day today.

Got a feeling (and hoping) it's gonna be a massive flop and a big turn off. Most of the Nation (apart from the insta/twitter mafia) are fatigued and have had it to the back teeth hearing about these two! Me Me Me Meghan.

The Beeb should have stuck an episode of Gordon's Bank Balance on tonight. It finally might stand a chance of getting viewers eyeballs before its finishes.
JO
Johnr
More than you might expect I think

Boris always gets strong ratings despite his announcements being leaked (or announced in the house of commons) well in advance of the actual broadcasts for example
FL
Flux
I think at least CBS should have shown it at the same time across all time zones as it was event television, but agree that ITV are doing the right thing by airing it at 9pm this evening when there's the best time to gain viewers and advertisers.

I agree. It's also going to gain traction throughout the day. They've technically got free advertising across all the newspapers, the breakfast shows, and now continuing on any live debate shows and the news output throughout the day to lead into their 9pm show. I don't actually think anticipation would have been quite as high for it had it already gone out in an early morning slot and people were slowly catching up with it on ITV Hub throughout the day. This is one of those situations where the drip feed of clips and analysis throughout the day is actually going to make people want to tune in - to see "what all the fuss is about" as it were, and make their own judgement on quotes and answers in context.

I'm definitely finding that people in general seem to "care" a lot more about it today - whoever they side with. Yesterday, it was just a media obsession and there wasn't much general anticipation for it in the UK. Today, everyone seems to actually be invested and talking about it on social media and beyond.

Newer posts