TV Home Forum

TVF Confessions

An amnesty on your deepest, darkest presentation opinions (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GM
Gary McEwan
I still think that ITV News from 2004-2006 was the best looking ITV News there was for a long time, not including the current set up which was introduced in 2013.
RW
Robert Williams Founding member
I have said this before, but I always thought the 2009 re-edited BBC1 circle idents were much better than the originals.
TE
tesandco Founding member
The Channel 3 North East package was a huge step forward from what was in place on the station both immediately before and immediately afterwards.

IT
itsrobert Founding member
I really dislike the way most modern TV News is presented. Screens, standing, walking, catwalks, hand-waving, talking down to the viewers, visual effects in packages, mandated "funny moments" with the intention of trending on social media, etc. I hate it all.

In my humble opinion...just get on with it for God's sake.

For me, Channel 4 News is probably the best of the current British TV News output. By and large their bulletins are straightforward, intelligent and no-nonsense. And the technical and creative direction provided by Martin Collett is sublime.
Last edited by itsrobert on 7 March 2021 12:00pm
TG
Tim Goodwin1
I thought the 2000 reincarnation of Live and Kicking was a good way to make the show go forward and had it been on air a few more years it would have beat a post Ant and Dec SMTV
GM
Gary McEwan
Something that was a wonder to watch was MattJF's glorious sweeping jib shots on the news as well. They were something of a masterpiece.
richard110888, chevron and itsrobert gave kudos
TG
Tim Goodwin1
also Carltons 1999 idents were some of the best ITV idents
RO
rob Founding member
The current ITV News look is the best look they've ever had.
TI
tightrope78
I still don't understand all the various studios at NBH. And I never understood all the news studios at BBC Television Centre.
Spencer, W1LL and Andrew gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
I thought the 2000 reincarnation of Live and Kicking was a good way to make the show go forward and had it been on air a few more years it would have beat a post Ant and Dec SMTV

I agree on that. The branding, features and the presenting team, especially Katy Hill were brilliant imo.
RD
Roger Darthwell
Here is my amnesty, I am ready to let this out of my bag. I think that the ITV News Channel should be revived
MarkT76 and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
MA
Matrix
Honestly? The 'hair quiff' look to BBC News was absolutely dire. Never understood why the globe had that ice-cream sundae of shapes slapped on top of it.

Newer posts