TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CR
Critique
Josh posted:
Did a bit of building and experimented with what the new credenza/desk could look like, no means perfect but just a rough idea:

Sorry for dredging this up, but the fact that you just happened to have a recreation of the GMB studio ready to go really made me smile! It makes me wonder how many of us are out there...

I will miss this place, even (dare I say) the GMB thread!

(The above is something I did early in Lockdown #1 last year, don't think I ever got as far as lighting it!)
JO
Josh
Yeah, it's something me and a few friends, namely users Toasty603 and Ittr, have built over the past few months. It's being updated to the new look so hopefully one of us will be posting that in the gallery.

Worth pointing out that the set is Erron Gordon-approved™!

It will be a shame to miss this somewhat chaotic thread!
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Go on then... 90% done

Hi again,

This is what I spent the most time on since the last post, once again recreating from scratch most stuff due to me switching laptops, and not yet being able to access my old hard drive. I also created a mock-up of the studio, which is 90% finished, the images are in progression order. Also included is the redone TOTH animation...

Also Erron approved

CA
callumash
I've been trying to recreate some of the screen graphics atm, the one i have done for the most part is the vertical date screen
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/032021/1614631987_1394723938.mov
Last edited by callumash on 4 March 2021 4:27pm
UT
UTVLifer
Is it just me or are the laptops the GMB presenters have on the new desk because there aren't any under the desk, remind you of the laptops used by the BBC World News presenters in N8 post-2008?
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Is it just me or are the laptops the GMB presenters have on the new desk because there aren't any under the desk, remind you of the laptops used by the BBC World News presenters in N8 post-2008?

They probably only remind you of them purely because they're laptops. Albeit much slimmer, faster and they look like convertables.
LI
Live066
It looked nicer when they had the computers under the desk i think. I love the new desk though
JO
Jonwo
I'm surprised they still use laptops for Breakfast programmes rather than tablets.
MA
Markymark
Jonwo posted:
I'm surprised they still use laptops for Breakfast programmes rather than tablets.

Trouble is if the tablet runs out of battery, or crashes, it's a fair old dash to the stationary cupboard for a ream of A4
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Jonwo posted:

They were using tablets as well as computers previously.

I have a feeling (looking at the hindge style) that these are convertibles. Laptops/computers also work better when at a desk.
FA
fanoftv
I noticed neither Piers or Susannah used a laptop at the start of the week, and sat with papers only, and their phones at some points. Charlotte used one, and I noticed Ben did yesterday morning, however, I didn’t see any of the programme this morning... wandavision enticed me instead!
DW
DavidWhitfield
Regarding the use of a laptop, could it be the case that the desk has been built to accommodate hidden computers underneath, but fitted assuming the presenters are sat centrally together as per normal non-social-distanced presentation? That would mean that, in this temporary period until they are able to sit together again, they are having to be positioned in sections of the table which would normally be vacant spaces to the side of the main two presenters' chairs, making accessing those computers from their current positions difficult, and thus requiring a laptop.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 5 March 2021 7:51pm - 3 times in total

Newer posts