TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DT
DTV
what will happen with the mock section?

I hear that Martin Lambie-Nairn is up there now and going to go through each individual mock - often letting out a big sigh of indignation and slowly being driven insane by people's failure to adhere to safe zones.
JO
Jonny
Can only echo the sentiments of others. TV Forum is so engrained in my daily online routine it will be a hard habit to break.

Many thanks to Asa for maintaining and developing the site for two decades. I can only imagine the sacrifices made, and I wish any successors the best of luck as in many ways it's an impossible act to follow.

I can honestly say this is easily the best looking forum I frequent. The latest incarnation clearly had a lot of love and attention poured into it. It was never unnoticed and always much appreciated.

I remember specific rebrands, my first major ones here being the BBC One and BBC Two changes in autumn 2006 and spring 2007, that latter one especially being a really interesting time, with BBC Two starting to toy with the classic twos in early 2007 (is this always what happens when a BBC Two ident package is coming to the end?!) before those new, classy, idents launched on that Sunday morning in February 2007.

Similar experience for me. Remember somehow stumbling upon the site amidst reports of the Dancers' imminent demise. Then lurking with giddy excitement following the latest speculation and rumours, such as the Robin Hood launch trailer having a BBC One box in a *slightly brighter shade of red* - was this a sign of things to come? (Spoiler: no).

And I was hooked. Like others, this forum has seen me through good times and bad, providing countless hours of knowledge and entertainment. The sadness this news brings is palpable, however I completely understand and respect the decision taken.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours and thank you for the conversations, insights and memories.

Well that's just about it from me. As you may know, our colleagues over at TV Live Forum and Metropol take over discussion duties from 9.25 on Thursday 1st April.

So, with special thanks to the TV Home Forum team: Asa, Bail, Charlie and all the past Television Forum contributors and moderators since 2001, this is Jonny bidding you a fond farewell...
JL
J. Lyric
Jonny posted:
I remember specific rebrands, my first major ones here being the BBC One and BBC Two changes in autumn 2006 and spring 2007, that latter one especially being a really interesting time, with BBC Two starting to toy with the classic twos in early 2007 (is this always what happens when a BBC Two ident package is coming to the end?!) before those new, classy, idents launched on that Sunday morning in February 2007.

Similar experience for me. Remember somehow stumbling upon the site amidst reports of the Dancers' imminent demise. Then lurking with giddy excitement following the latest speculation and rumours, such as the Robin Hood launch trailer having a BBC One box in a *slightly brighter shade of red* - was this a sign of things to come? (Spoiler: no).

ITV's big 2013 rebrand was something I was very interested in - Not entirely sure if I was a part of TVF at the time - but as far as I'm concerned, the rebrand was certainly a big thing for me
CO
Coronavision
Oh well. I guess this is the end of the road for my user accounts that I abandon on here when I get bored and annoyed with the place.

Well done Asa for keeping the place sane.ish.
RO
rob Founding member
It's like an ITV franchise round, with TVF closing and TV Live Forum taking over.

Yuk. Very Happy
RK
Rkolsen
I must say I was surprised to find out one of my Facebook “friends” that has been mentioned by name here was on the board. Messaged him briefly about it but didn’t press.
IN
Interceptor

I like it!
RR
RR
Sad to hear the news, but in many ways totally understandable, and I'm amazed that Asa has had the patience and will to last 20 years, and can only thank him for what he has done over the past two decades. It doesn't seem like 18 years have passed since I first signed up here.
LO
Longtermlurker
Sorry to hear the site is closing. Never set up an account but I think I started reading posts around the time of the News 24 rebrand in 2003 and learned a lot about TV from these pages.

In the least few years I’ve been lucky enough to have a career in the industry and it’s been interesting to check in and read it from “the other side”.

Thanks to Asa and the moderators.

Where am I supposed to go now to read about the TVS archive? Wink
AB
ashley b Founding member
Well, it's taken me a couple of days to get over the shock and devastation. it's strange to think that TV Forum has been there for over half my life (just), and whilst these days I'm no longer a prolific poster (if I ever was), it's still been a part of my daily life. Through the ups, downs, crashes and controversies (the forum's, not my life) it's been one hell of a time. There's been friends made, people who've come and gone through the years, and an amazing wealth of knowledge shared.

While the biggest thanks goes to Asa and the numerous moderators over the years, a special thanks has to go out to all the members and contributors as well as TV Forum would not be the place it is without you.

I'm absolutely terrible at goodbyes, and while it is a goodbye, I hope there will still be a place for us all to chat about (one of our) our favourite geeky subject, and so it won't completely the end.

So I think, all I can say at this point is: so long, and thanks for all the fish.
JO
Joe
Where am I supposed to go now to read about the TVS archive? Wink

Maybe we were getting too close to the truth?
PF
PFML84
Joe posted:
Seem to have noticed this thread's gone unpinned. Significance?

This is peak TV Forum 😂

"TV Forum readers SHOCKED and CONFUSED as post discussing its demise appears to be unstickied"

Newer posts