TV Home Forum

TV Breakdown Appreciation Thread

We'll return as soon as possible.

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
Surprising how often she erroneously referred to the show as The Time & The Place. Makes it sound more like a daytime American soap.

Not quite as bad as the poor chap apologising for the loss of Heaven Will Just Have To Wait.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I don't know, you can kind of forgive that one. His link into the film was "and heaven will just have to wait", so you can understand how you might misspeak when ad-libbing an apology.

Getting the name of a show that's on every morning wrong is a tad more embarrassing.
itvblocks and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
Tommy Boyd 'presses the wrong button'
SP
Steve in Pudsey
In comparing the two versions of the The Time The Place incident, the earlier capture doesn't have the female announcer, as noted, which pretty much confirms that she is the local one. However the clip with the second announcerhas been edited, to remove 15-20 seconds of silent This Morning slide before the announcer spoke.

I guess these days getting the next programme to start early like that would be a no-no because of the loss of the break between the programmes that probably can't be absorbed into the extended This Morning under the rules about how many breaks are allowed in a programme of certain durations.
DB
dbl
A power cut forces Télématin off air. So in pops the breakdown loop from France 2, using the talent idents (jingles)
Seems to be common in France to have a breakdown loop rather than a slide:
Last edited by dbl on 5 March 2021 9:37pm - 2 times in total
IS
Inspector Sands
They're loops here these days, just a lot simpler - in these digital days they have to have movement and have some audio otherwise the lack of either sets off alarms and makes it look like there's more wrong!

I imagine here they don't want to be re-editing the breakdown loop every time someone leaves. It's not the calmest content for the engineers to listen to when they're trying to fix things!
LS
LewisS
I don't particularly mind the music either, Better than ocean noises or whatever the BBC does now.
CU
Curto21
I totally forget about this one until now so here a breakdown leading into an episode of the BBC News programme HARDtalk:
LS
LewisS
I totally forget about this one until now so here a breakdown leading into an episode of the BBC News programme HARDtalk:

What's that glitchy square for during 0:28? The (presumably) count down clock doesn't look too healthy either
IS
Inspector Sands

What's that glitchy square for during 0:28? The (presumably) count down clock doesn't look too healthy either

The square went across the screen between every second in the clock.

The clock looks a bit iffy as it's being fast forwarded, presumably the gallery are frantically trying to cue it up to the correct start point. Looks like that's a false start on the recording that wasn't edited off
itvblocks and LewisS gave kudos
HC
Hatton Cross
^ the good Inspector posted that as I was typing. I'll keep my responce here.

That 'glichy square' was the graphic device used on the countdown clock, in addtion to the numbers. I took 1 second to fly right, before coming back again at the next second. Just a different graphical version on the vt clock

What happened there was that old favourite, the first take of the cold open wasn't edited out of the final broadcast version.
itvblocks and LewisS gave kudos
BE
benriggers
Bit of a minor breakdown here (including ITV trials/slides being rewinded) (If it doesn't show up below it's 0:36-1:08 ).

Newer posts