Media Websites

TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
The initials are supposed to serve as the avatar if you don't have one, so them appearing in place of an image sounds like a bug.
IT
Ittr
One thing that I don't think has been answered is if we'll continue to be able to log into our pre-existing accounts (in the read-only version) to view account-required threads like those in Requests, or whether they will go public. Would be a shame to lose everything contributed in there Sad
BR
Brekkie
Perhaps I'm being dumb but didn't peoples Twitter handles etc. used to show up on their posts or at least in their profiles. I'm not seeing them in either.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Perhaps I'm being dumb but didn't peoples Twitter handles etc. used to show up on their posts or at least in their profiles. I'm not seeing them in either.

Hover over the initials (in your case your BR) and you see Topic Posts, All Posts, Send Message and the Twitter bird.
BR
Brekkie
Cheers.

16 days later

DW
DavidWhitfield
Came onto the site to find this banner had appeared at the top...

It's all starting to feel horribly close and real...! Crying or Very sad
AL
AaronLancs
Reminder to oneself, don't start getting weepy. It is now getting real.
RO
rob Founding member
Nice touch with the disclaimer in the introduction. Wink
VM
VMPhil
So, my user post history only used to go back so far (I think to about 2007 or 2006?) but I've just looked and it now seems to go all the way back to my first day. Part fascinating, part cringeworthy.
AL
AaronLancs
So, my user post history only used to go back so far (I think to about 2007 or 2006?) but I've just looked and it now seems to go all the way back to my first day. Part fascinating, part cringeworthy.

I've just done mine and I was asking about BBC News video loops on NTL. How times have changed.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Mine only went back to 2003 initially, I suspected a chunk of mine went bye bye in the great TV Forum server crash of 2002. but I've just gone back again and now I can go back to the very post I made. Which is this one: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post780938#post-780938 but most of my 2002 posts are gone, search count and my post count don't match.

Interesting oddity though: if I look through all the really old forum posts I made from my profile: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/search/Neil+Jones/page-622 for example, they all show as having received kudos from some mystery individual. Yet if I follow the links to the posts which for the timescale are like donkeys years before Kudos was a thing on here, they don't have kudos on them. I don't believe it's possible to give kudos to a contributor when a thread's been closed/locked/archived and in any event who would have been sad enough to go back 20 years to give kudos in any event?
Last edited by Neil Jones on 20 March 2021 6:27pm
AL
AaronLancs
Oooh, mine too has additional Kudos posts here (https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/search/AaronLancs/page-27). Spoooky.

Newer posts