TV Home Forum

UKTV Presentation

Bits and Pieces (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OR
orange
Definitely a weird thing to do when people will be sat in front of the TV a lot more - especially this year! Frankincense and Myrrh will be unimpressed.

16 days later

RS
RSTV
It looks like that UKTV are airing new UKTV Play promos dedicated to the channel

33 days later

DB
dbl
Gold is all loved up today, OSP and bumpers have been reskinned for Valentine's Day
AR
Argybargy
dbl posted:
Gold is all loved up today, OSP and bumpers have been reskinned for Valentine's Day

They've been airing them since yesterday morning. Simple execution but they're not bad at all.
RL
Running Late
dbl posted:

Same old programmes though?
DB
dbl
dbl posted:

It rates, despite being super repetitive.
JF
JetixFann450
dbl posted:
dbl posted:

It rates, despite being super repetitive.

If you think that's bad, see what MTV US does with one particular show that covers funny internet videos. Takes up an ENTIRE DAY on MTV at times.

Then again, who willingly watches MTV?

18 days later

PA
paul_hadley
Gold appear to have got new copies of I’m Alan Partridge. Vastly improved quality (HD?) and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this in widescreen before.
BH
BillyH Founding member
Schedule indicates they're showing the second series from 2002, which has always been widescreen - the first series in 1997 was 4:3.

I'd presume they're SD copies still as it was filmed on videotape, although it would be fun if I'm Alan Partridge was actually some groundbreaking secret HD test broadcast like those mid-90s Fifteen to One episodes that aired in widescreen on Challenge for the first time about 20 years later.
PA
paul_hadley
I think it was in 16:9 on the BBC but it never was on Gold - but I could be wrong.
JA
james-2001
To be fair, those 15 to 1 episodes were shown in 16:9 originally too, albeit letterboxed as it was pre-digital. The graphics in those episodes aren't 4:3 safe, so they couldn't have got away with cropping it to 4:3, like they did with Hollyoaks (which had also been 16:9 from day one, even if it wasn't shown that way until years later).
PA
paul_hadley
I think it’s always been shown in 14:9.

Newer posts