TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
ITV are to air the CBS Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah this Monday, March 8, at 9pm. This means Unforgotten will move to Tuesday at 9pm.
SL
Shaun Linden
Josh posted:
ITV are to air the CBS Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah this Monday, March 8, at 9pm. This means Unforgotten will move to Tuesday at 9pm.

Monday 8th March.

I suspect it'll do well for ITV, no more than 5 million viewers though.
BR
Brekkie
I don't know - it's two hours long and the highlights will have been across the media all day.
JO
Jonwo
I don't know - it's two hours long and the highlights will have been across the media all day.

The length is the thing I think will prevent it from doing high numbers, if it does 3-4m then it’ll judge as a success.
ST
Strange
It is quite surprising that they'd move a 5m overnight drama for a two hour interview. They must be expecting big numbers.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
I think it will get less than the drama and annoy a lot of people.
Running Late and Score gave kudos
UB
UBox
Anyone know how Marcella rated this series? Thought it was weird that they aired the final episode at 10.45 after the news - when they did a double bill for the first two episodes they moved the news. Can't imagine the ratings for the final were very good.
JO
Jonwo
Marcella was lucky to get a third series in the first place, it was only because Netflix agreed to foot the majority of the budget that it was renewed. It aired on Netflix internationally months before it aired in the UK.
KE
kernow
A slightly odd announcement during the end credits of Vera just now.

The CA said "stay with me for the ITV news"
TW
tweedledum

Pretty sure that announcement is used fairly regularly on ITV for a while now. Was in a female announcer by any chance? I notice her using it a great deal
KE
kernow

Pretty sure that announcement is used fairly regularly on ITV for a while now. Was in a female announcer by any chance? I notice her using it a great deal

Yes, it was a female announcer. Don’t recall hearing it before
TO
tomo359
Remember during the first year of the 2013 rebrand it was all "your ITV"?
"Coming up next on your ITV, it's This Morning"
I don't think it lasted long 😄
I guess it's them trying to add a more personal connection to the viewer, same with this announcer saying "stay with me"

Newer posts