TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
i think it's disgusting there wanting to revert it back as i think it's been a success they've brought back The Story of Tracy Beaker in that slot and these alot to it and kids enjoy watching shows like the next step from the beginning and that etc... and CITV also go till 9pm and come on who really cares about BBC3 anymore cause i don't not as a tv channel you might well say they only got rid of it to save bit of money and now they want to bring it back but wait till tv license goes then it be gone again i bet ya

You may feel disenfranchised once you reach BBC Three's demo and find you want a PSB alternative to the other youth skewed channels provided by the commercial sector. CBBC is only losing two hours of airtime for which it gained after Three closed in the first place.
Jeffmister, Roger Darthwell and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
CL
classicnewcbbc
You might well say then money is gonna be wasted it's not like the night time idents for cbbc be used anymore and the bbc are starting to sound like boris can't decide what the next step is and what they wanna do they need to make up there mind and I'm sure these over kids out there to who want to go to sleep watching cbbc today's kids now adays don't go sleep till 11 not like originally when the channel first started
JE
Jeffmister
Fortunately, there's a little service called the iPlayer which allows kids to watch CBBC content at 7:01am, 7:01pm, heck even 2:30am in the morning and anytime in between!
CL
classicnewcbbc
Ya same with bbc three and bbc one so what's the point of bringing it back
TV
iloveTV1
Ya same with bbc three and bbc one so what's the point of bringing it back

To make the youth content more easily accessible and to ensure that cbbc viewers make the jump to bbc three instead of going to Netflix and not coming back, therefore less people would pay the license fee in future years.

If you’re so bothered, BBC Three will have programme for younger teens from 7pm to 9pm, and no doubt this will mean some CBBC programmes will get a repeat run.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
and come on who really cares about BBC3 anymore cause i don't

That seems to be a big part of the reason to do this. If people have more access to the programmes rather than them being hidden away on iPlayer people might care more.

The "cause I don't" part of your argument doesn't help it. As a fourtysomething with no kids I don't really care about CBBC or CBeebies. That's not really a good argument to want them to be closed down.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
i think it's disgusting there wanting to revert it back as i think it's been a success they've brought back The Story of Tracy Beaker in that slot and these alot to it and kids enjoy watching shows like the next step from the beginning and that etc... and CITV also go till 9pm and come on who really cares about BBC3 anymore cause i don't not as a tv channel you might well say they only got rid of it to me bit of money and now they want to bring it back but wait till tv license goes then it be gone again i bet ya

Bringing it back isn't costing much money at all and BBC3 is far more popular than you are making it out to be. It's not the end of the world having CBBC finish at 7. It always used to and no-one complained.

Just because you prefer CBBC to BBC3 doesn't mean that the other has no right existing. It's not like CBBC is being replaced entirely. Children can still use the iPlayer.

Giving BBC3 broadcast space will help more people to learn about its content and increase its viewership.
Last edited by Alfie Mulcahy on 3 March 2021 9:03am - 3 times in total
RD
Roger Darthwell
i think it's disgusting there wanting to revert it back as i think it's been a success they've brought back The Story of Tracy Beaker in that slot and these alot to it and kids enjoy watching shows like the next step from the beginning and that etc... and CITV also go till 9pm and come on who really cares about BBC3 anymore cause i don't not as a tv channel you might well say they only got rid of it to save bit of money and now they want to bring it back but wait till tv license goes then it be gone again i bet ya

Oh god, it's the parallel universe Roger Darthwell...

He's not the parallel universe me, we are all in the same universe Smile
OC
Otis Crump
You might well say then money is gonna be wasted it's not like the night time idents for cbbc be used anymore and the bbc are starting to sound like boris can't decide what the next step is and what they wanna do they need to make up there mind and I'm sure these over kids out there to who want to go to sleep watching cbbc today's kids now adays don't go sleep till 11 not like originally when the channel first started

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zmfc7ty/articles/zmdnnrd
LL
London Lite Founding member
CBBC's demo is more likely to be watching their content online compared to those who watch BBC Three as been proven as Three became an online brand.
JO
Jonwo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zmfc7ty/articles/zmdnnrd

I shouldn’t laugh but I did!
JetixFann450 and London Lite gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Didn't CBBC only air repeats after 7pm anyway?

I suspect most secondary school kids would rather watch grown up BBC3 (or E4, ITV2 etc) than childish CBBC anyway. Or that's what they'd tell their mates anyway.
Alfie Mulcahy and itvblocks gave kudos

Newer posts