BBC Three channel to return in January 2022

(March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member

Last edited by rob on 2 March 2021 2:00pm
JO
Josh
This is great news. Will be interesting to see what happens next.
BiggieSMLZ and TellyTime gave kudos
GO
gottago
CBBC will go back to closing at 7pm according to Broadcast. It also says "BBC3 will only air pre-watershed content for the 13+ age group until 9pm." which I think is their weird way of saying there won't be shows for the CBBC age group between 7pm and 9pm.
OM
Omnipresent
Here’s the full press release. The channel will be on air from 7pm to 4am.

Pleased the BBC has seen sense and has reversed the decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/bbc-three-broadcast-channel
DJ Dave, bkman1990 and TellyTime gave kudos
RD
RDJ
paul_hadley and watchingtv gave kudos
RD
Roger Darthwell
Guess what happened? Smile https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/bbc-three-broadcast-channel?at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom3=%40bbcpress&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=FEEE70BA-7B5B-11EB-BE92-F57596E8478F&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D
TV
iloveTV1
CBBC will go back to closing at 7pm according to Broadcast. It also says "BBC3 will only air pre-watershed content for the 13+ age group until 9pm." which I think is their weird way of saying there won't be shows for the CBBC age group between 7pm and 9pm.

CBBC is returning to end at 7pm, confirmed by the press release.
MO
Mouseboy33
Just think back to the statement the BBC made when they chose to take the channel off terrestrial. Now everyone collectively roll their eyes. Rolling Eyes
JF
JetixFann450
That'll make a certain 'BringBack' happy. Wink
VM
VMPhil
Now the question is, does this mean anything for BBC Four?
MarkT76 and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
What happened to 'we're not going to launch any new linear channels'?
JF
JF World News
Now the question is, does this mean anything for BBC Four?

I thought it had been announced already that BBC Four would no longer commission its own programmes and become a archive and forigen language programme channel, sport's coverage would switch back to BBC Three

Newer posts