Media Websites

TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
Jamesypoo
The CNN thread regularly throws up a 404 error when clicking on the thread title, but not when clicking on the last page number from the main forum listing. Not sure if this is just me or a wider problem?
RO
rob Founding member
The CNN thread regularly throws up a 404 error when clicking on the thread title, but not when clicking on the last page number from the main forum listing. Not sure if this is just me or a wider problem?

Seems to be working fine for me. Could it be something to do with the title of the thread being changed recently?
JA
Jamesypoo
It only seems to happen when the thread title link is in “unread post” mode if that makes sense?
RO
rob Founding member
I notice that the Updated Websites feed on the right hand side of the Websites forum has disappeared.
CA
Cavan
rob posted:
I notice that the Updated Websites feed on the right hand side of the Websites forum has disappeared.

It's still there on my end.
RO
rob Founding member
Cavan posted:
rob posted:

It's still there on my end.

I think I've worked out the issue. Made some changes to my adblocker today, and it's been blocked out, even though I've disabled my adblocker on this site. Not to worry.
AS
Asa Admin
Thumbs up

Jamesypoo, not sure what the issue could be. The unread post method first looks at your last visit to that thread and then how many posts have previously been made to work out what page you should start on. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
JA
JAS84
Have any posts been deleted or moved from that thread? That could result in the page last visited in the thread being AFTER the last page. Say, you visited page 20 of a thread, but two pages of posts were moved to a new thread. A few new posts are made, but now there's only 19 pages. Page 20 would be a 404 error page in that situation.
JW
JamesWorldNews
JAS84 posted:
Have any posts been deleted or moved from that thread? That could result in the page last visited in the thread being AFTER the last page. Say, you visited page 20 of a thread, but two pages of posts were moved to a new thread. A few new posts are made, but now there's only 19 pages. Page 20 would be a 404 error page in that situation.

Yup. I experienced exactly that last week on the (then open) Prince Phillip thread. Precisely as you describe it.
DA
davidhorman
https://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/bbc-three-return-2022-46716/page-5

This link takes me, for some reason, to Frank Bough's obituary on the BBC website. I can get to page 4 and page 6, but not page 5.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
https://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/bbc-three-return-2022-46716/page-5

This link takes me, for some reason, to Frank Bough's obituary on the BBC website. I can get to page 4 and page 6, but not page 5.

Just clicked it and I got to Page 5 of that thread.
If you're getting redirected that normally means you've bookmarked the URL (and changed the actual URL it goes to), or something else in your browser is redirecting you.
DA
davidhorman
It seems to be a clash between JohnnyBoy's Google-linked avatar image (apparently these are now deprecated as they seem to be being replaced, via Javascript, with initials) and a Google URL redirect remover plugin I had on one computer. Odd.

Newer posts