The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JF World News
Was a strange set up on BBC News this morning anyway - different presenter on Dateline than NC, Reeta in for the Lunchtime news, funeral overran and looked like they were waiting around showing nothing happening at the end to join a last minute simulcast with James Reynolds on World News, then Shaun Ley at 1330 introducing Global questions. Feels like they had more presenters in than usual?!

But nice to see Owain Evans debuting!

And for some reason for the past 2 Saturday's, were back to two presenters being on the early shift (i.e the 2nd person doing Dateline) which i thought we got rid of for cost reasons.

Was Geeta on the 0600-1000 World shift? If so it could have been recorded at 0830 because of Sir Tom Moore's funeral?
Last edited by JF World News on 27 February 2021 3:31pm
NE
News96
Was a strange set up on BBC News this morning anyway - different presenter on Dateline than NC, Reeta in for the Lunchtime news, funeral overran and looked like they were waiting around showing nothing happening at the end to join a last minute simulcast with James Reynolds on World News, then Shaun Ley at 1330 introducing Global questions. Feels like they had more presenters in than usual?!

But nice to see Owain Evans debuting!

And for some reason for the past 2 Saturday's, were back to two presenters being on the early shift (i.e the 2nd person doing Dateline) which i thought we got rid of for cost reasons.

Was Geeta on the 0600-1000 World shift? If so it could have been recorded at 0830 because of Sir Tom Moore's funeral?

Except Reeta was on the catwalk just before the 10:30 weather forecast so i think it might have been live.
JF
JF World News

Except Reeta was on the catwalk just before the 10:30 weather forecast so i think it might have been live.

Then its possible it was the end of her shift if she did world this morning.
HA
harshy Founding member
I wonder if they did a global minds survey now would world viewers want a real newsroom backdrop rather then the London backdrop, Lukwesa now in Studio E and it just looks better to me.
UN
Universal_r
In my opinion studio E always looks better than studio C although the daytime London backdrop in C is a strong contender. Really not a fan of the other two backdrops used in studio C just now.

Regarding dateline London, this is the second time there’s been a different presenter hosting than who’s on the news channel. Last week Ben Brown was on the Saturday morning shift but Shaun Ley presented dateline.
AS
aspie_tvviewer
Has Newsreader Tim Wilcox got bruising around one of his eyes? He seems to have had this for a while. He's currently on the BBC News Channel.
TV
TVViewer256
Has Newsreader Tim Wilcox got bruising around one of his eyes? He seems to have had this for a while. He's currently on the BBC News Channel.

Without meaning to come across as disrespectful, I don't think that's really any of our business.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The man himself has said this, which I think should draw a line under the question

MA
manclad

Without meaning to come across as disrespectful, I don't think that's really any of our business.

In all fairness, he was only asking the question. He wasn’t trying to delve into his medical history and any bruising to a presenters face is noticeable and reasonably unusual. The fact that it raised a comment is hardly disrespectful nor intrusive.
TV
TVViewer256

In all fairness, he was only asking the question. He wasn’t trying to delve into his medical history and any bruising to a presenters face is noticeable and reasonably unusual. The fact that it raised a comment is hardly disrespectful nor intrusive.

Fair point - I was just trying to prevent any chat about a presenter's personal life/health going too far, as sometimes happens here.
MA
manclad

Fair point - I was just trying to prevent any chat about a presenter's personal life/health going too far, as sometimes happens here.

I get that, I just think you were a bit too quick off the Mark, mate. The fact that Tim tweeted about it confirms that a bruised eye would raise questions, quite innocently.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member

Is this Katherine?

If so, welcome back and I hope you're doing well.

Newer posts