TV Home Forum

German Television and Presentation

Discussion relating to TV in Germany (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TW
twolf
One of the more interesting ways of creating a 'virtual' live audience seen on this week's Late Night Berlin on ProSieben.

Different to just having cardboard cutouts or a big video wall I suppose! Very Happy

paul_hadley, Lynetwork and Josh gave kudos
JO
Jon
Pretty sure it’s been in the US (I think Ellen) not sure they had the fake legs though.
MI
TheMike
Sky Comedy and Sky Crime launch in April on Sky Germany. Sky's acquired Spitting Image from ITV for Sky Comedy Germany.

And to preempt questions about Sky Krimi - that's going nowhere. There will be a Sky Crime (true crime) and a Sky Krimi (fictional crime).
Roger Darthwell, JetixFann450 and TVVT gave kudos
TW
twolf
New Studio Design from 1st of March for RTL's breakfast tv offering 'Guten Morgen Deutschland'.

RTL's show is beaten in the key demo group by Sat.1's Frühstücksfernsehen each day, and the new studio is part of an effort to gain back some ground. The show also recently moved its start time to half and hour earlier.
Sh1ruba and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
RD
Roger Darthwell
Sky Comedy and Sky Crime launch in April on Sky Germany. Sky's acquired Spitting Image from ITV for Sky Comedy Germany.

And to preempt questions about Sky Krimi - that's going nowhere. There will be a Sky Crime (true crime) and a Sky Krimi (fictional crime).

If I am not wrong the original Spitting Image was aired in Germany back in the 80s and 90s wasn't it? Also I am surprised it's aired in Germany, given that many people portrayed in the programme are complete unknowns in Germany
:-(
A former member
twolf posted:
New Studio Design from 1st of March for RTL's breakfast tv offering 'Guten Morgen Deutschland'.

RTL's show is beaten in the key demo group by Sat.1's Frühstücksfernsehen each day, and the new studio is part of an effort to gain back some ground. The show also recently moved its start time to half and hour earlier.

Some interesting lighting on that - not sure how well it will look on screen. Looks good though.
MI
mici0123

If I am not wrong the original Spitting Image was aired in Germany back in the 80s and 90s wasn't it? Also I am surprised it's aired in Germany, given that many people portrayed in the programme are complete unknowns in Germany

Back then wasn't the original Spitting Image that was shown, they did their own localized version called "Hurra Deutschland":
SH
Sh1ruba
twolf posted:

I heard Aktuell was supposed to be getting a new look and set this year.
Any update on that?
TV
TVVT
I'm betting Aktuell will share a studio with Guten Morgen Deutschland. It will be nice to see a relaunch for RTL Aktuell, as the current studio & titles have been in use for 11 years.
RI
Richard
Not sure if this deserves to go here, but ARD's "one" channel is currently broadcasting Cagney and Lacey from the start, in widescreen HD. As with many of their imports, the original audio is available on the audio description channel. I haven't been able to find a reference to any remastering online but the picture quality is excellent, although the titles aren't as good.

I presume that it was all edited on film, rather than videotape and that the this results from a digital transfer of film copies of completed episodes with reframing for 16:9. Although I never really watched Cagney and Lacey, I think the title sequence (from Series 2) is iconic; one of the best of its era. It is, however, washed out. I presume that this was due to the way it was made with the photo inserts that appear with each actor's name. It was slightly disappointing for me that they didn't recreate it, but they may not have had the original material. The only framing issue that I can see is with Carl Lumbly. His face is higher in picture than the other actors so when the picture is cropped it cuts off the top of his head. There is no scope for reframing because it would affect the position of his photo which appears alongside. This could have been fixed reasonably satisfactorily, but they obviously chose not to.

EDIT:

This is roughly what it looks like (I've cropped it from a YouTube video so it is better quality than this:)

I'm not sure if this person has been shown on TV in the UK, although it may be the version that is on Apple TV.
Last edited by Richard on 28 February 2021 7:53pm - 2 times in total
Roger Darthwell and London Lite gave kudos
TW
twolf
Short clips of the new studio in action this morning.

WO
Worzel
twolf posted:

Whereas in the UK its more 'Guten Morgan' than Morgen.
Richard, TVVT and Hatton Cross gave kudos

Newer posts