The Gallery

BBC Rebrand

Primarily Radio but with some TV stuff too (December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LG
Looking Glass
I agree that the BBC lettering is too heavy and it makes the logo look dated, most of us have been longing for some updates to the presentation style and changing BBC Three from pink back to aqua and Four from black to purple just seems underwhelming. I don’t feel as if though these changes add any value or tell me what this channel is about.

I like some of the changes to the National radio but the 5 seems very overworked and the R4 seems more like a regression than progression in presentational style. I would love a more consistent approach to the local radio stations too and for the most part you’ve done this but even then the symbols you’ve chosen don’t seem coherent with one another. The CBBC also seems quite scratchy and unpleasant to look at in my opinion.

I like your way in thinking about the branding, making things more uniform in terms of the names etc but in execution I don’t feel that you’ve given me anything to think about beyond no longer having ‘live’ after Radio 5.
Unusual Enterprises, DTV and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos

8 days later

AM
Alfie Mulcahy

Changed the weight of the BBC Logo and made the 'Four' more unique. Im now working on a promo menu and the other BBC Brands as well as changing some of the Radio icons in line with the help you've given.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I think the lettering on the blocks is still a touch too heavy. It doesn't look as menacing as it did before though.
UG
UpsettingGrass
I don't think any improvement is needed at all. Smile Great job not gonna lie.
BS
BiggieSMLZ
I’m gonna be honest, the only improvement I’d make is with the BBC Alba logo, which is slightly inconsistent in comparison to the other logos - I’d suggest making it uppercase instead.

Either way, this is definitely a step up from the first concept. Keep up the good work! Thumbs up
EM
Emily Moore
I’m gonna be honest, the only improvement I’d make is with the BBC Alba logo, which is slightly inconsistent in comparison to the other logos - I’d suggest making it uppercase instead.

Either way, this is definitely a step up from the first concept. Keep up the good work! Thumbs up

The other issue with the BBC Alba logo is that the star is pretty much obligatory. The channel is a partnership between the BBC and MG Alba (a Scottish government-owned organisation promoting Gaelic-language media). The star is the MG Alba logo - you can't just zap it.
PF
PFML84
The names of the channels being bigger than the BBC text but not as big as the blocks is also odd looking. Why does 'one' have to be in lowercase anyway? Why the mixture of font weights and sans/serif?
DE
deryn
I don't like it I LOVE it
Unusual Enterprises and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos

43 days later

UE
Unusual Enterprises
How about BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds?
UB
UBox

There's a worrying trend developing in the Gallery of new members posting here thinking it's some sort of request thread, with a distinct lack of manners. Whether you like a mock or not, whether you think a mock has omitted something or all over a disaster, someone has put time and effort into their designs and posted them here for us to appreciate. The least they deserve is acknowledgment of their work and some feedback (however harsh), not 'now make this'.

12 days later

UE
Unusual Enterprises
UBox posted:

There's a worrying trend developing in the Gallery of new members posting here thinking it's some sort of request thread, with a distinct lack of manners. Whether you like a mock or not, whether you think a mock has omitted something or all over a disaster, someone has put time and effort into their designs and posted them here for us to appreciate. The least they deserve is acknowledgment of their work and some feedback (however harsh), not 'now make this'.

Okay, I recreated the BBC logo in Inkscape.

And I made BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds (including BBC iPlayer Kids).

This is for you, Alfie Mulcahy! Smile
Last edited by Unusual Enterprises on 10 March 2021 10:09pm
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
UBox posted:

Okay, I recreated the BBC logo in Inkscape.

And I made BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds (including BBC iPlayer Kids).

This is for you, Alfie Mulcahy! Smile

I'm confused as to why you've put these here if I'm being honest. I reakon you should do more of these on your own thread - they are good designs and could be expanded on to be something brilliant.
Unusual Enterprises and Sh1ruba gave kudos

Newer posts