TV Home Forum

Bank Balance

Gordon Ramsay's gameshow in the tardis (February 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
Tv2333
These were the ratings for the other main channels 9pm shows yesterday.

Trump Takes On The World (BBC Two) - 1.4m (7.7%)

The Bay (ITV) - 3.4m (18.6%)

Extraordinary Escapes (Channel 4) - 1.5m (8%)

Murder In A Small Town (Channel 5) - 1.1m (6.1%)

Source: Broadcast
UB
UBox
I don't think putting a brand new show up against a finale of a drama is ever a good idea, will see how it rates tonight.

I do agree with others that Bank Balance seems very difficult to win and I also thought the lack of a time limit when you got a question wrong was a fault. Did we see what happened if you run out of time on a question last night?
:-(
A former member
Josh posted:
What are the "credit" lifelines? Think we only saw tge first one revealed.

Pick Again - Pick another number out of the bowl if you're not happy with the one chosen.
Bank A Stack - You walk away with the amount of the next stack chosen if placed correctly, regardless of if you smash the pile later on.
Credit 3 is yet to be revealed.

Credit 3 is 15 seconds extra time.
TI
This Is Granada
I really wanted to like this based on the promos...but 2 eps in and I can't get into it.

The format is slow, I'm bored of it already. Not only are there so many floors on the format, the biggest issue is the contestants! 3 couples in and I've wanted the blocks to drop for every single one of them! So annoying so far all these couples. Constantly bickering, indecisive on how many stacks to play, or as with couple 1 yesterday, darn right thick answers to some of the questions, i.e. Manchester a capital city.

If this gets recommissioned for series 2, I'll be shocked. Quite frankly if this 1st series makes it through its entire run and does not get bumped off out of the 9pm slot I'll be more shocked!!
JO
Jonwo

If this gets recommissioned for series 2, I'll be shocked. Quite frankly if this 1st series makes it through its entire run and does not get bumped off out of the 9pm slot I'll be more shocked!!

It's on for three weeks and the BBC never pull anything even if it is low rated.
TI
TIGHazard
Jonwo posted:

It's on for three weeks and the BBC never pull anything even if it is low rated.

Don't Scare the Hare Wink
JA
JAS84
UBox posted:
I don't think putting a brand new show up against a finale of a drama is ever a good idea, will see how it rates tonight.

I do agree with others that Bank Balance seems very difficult to win and I also thought the lack of a time limit when you got a question wrong was a fault. Did we see what happened if you run out of time on a question last night?

I don't know, but I'd assume it's like getting the question wrong, and you get a Penalty.
TV
iloveTV1
Jonwo posted:

The Getaway Car
Can’t Touch This
That Puppet Gameshow
Don’t Scare the Hare

Were all moved out of their early evening slots to afternoon slots. Most took a break between this. However, these were not 9pm shows, and they’d have a big gap to fill if they did pull this.
JO
Jonwo
I imagine with the talent involved, they'll just suck it up for the next two weeks. BBC One have stuck with shows with much lower ratings like Years and Years and Small Axe so the chances of Bank Balance being pulled is pretty slim.
CA
Cando
Jonwo posted:

The Getaway Car
Can’t Touch This
That Puppet Gameshow
Don’t Scare the Hare

Were all moved out of their early evening slots to afternoon slots. Most took a break between this. However, these were not 9pm shows, and they’d have a big gap to fill if they did pull this.

Going back 8 to 10 years for examples ??
There is a big difference on a Saturday night when entertainment shows get hurt by poorly rated lead ins. In another thread last week we had the example of a flop lottery show being pulled forward to 5.25pm because it was hurting Doctor Who and the Andrew lloyd Webber musical show in the ratings by forcing them to be on too early in the schedule.
The BBC News at Ten already has a built in audience which rarely rates differently no matter what the lead in is, a big difference.
DA
davidhorman
Jonwo posted:
I imagine with the talent involved, they'll just suck it up for the next two weeks. BBC One have stuck with shows with much lower ratings like Years and Years and Small Axe so the chances of Bank Balance being pulled is pretty slim.

Not sure there's a very direct comparison to be had there. I certainly can't imagine Bank Balance getting whatever the game show equivalent of 90%+ on Rotten Tomatoes or 8.0+ on IMDb is.
JO
Jonwo

Not sure there's a very direct comparison to be had there. I certainly can't imagine Bank Balance getting whatever the game show equivalent of 90%+ on Rotten Tomatoes or 8.0+ on IMDb is.

I imagine if the BBC want to be in line for a future Studio Ramsay show then the last thing they'll do is pull a show with the company's founder starring in it.

Newer posts