The Newsroom

ITV News

Deputy Political Editor (February 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CW
CraigWills
ITV News are looking for a deputy political editor. Is anyone doing this role at the moment?

BR
Brekkie
The obvious candidates all seem to be labelled as "Political Correspondent". Chris Ship is the last person I can see in that role, but hasn't been since 2017.
JO
Jonwo
I know Paul Brand has only just been promoted to UK Editor but I think he should go for this role.
LO
Londoner
Chris Ship was really good in that role. He could explain things extremely clearly but without dumbing down.
BA
Ballyboy
Wonder if the signal might work tonight for Chris ship lol
GM
Gary McEwan
Carl Dinnen would be good for this. He's another one that explains things clearly without dumbing it down.
BR
Brekkie
Jonwo posted:
I know Paul Brand has only just been promoted to UK Editor but I think he should go for this role.

That would be a demotion though.

I suspect his promotion though is what is creating the role as although it doesn't seem to have been his title he has arguably been the number two to Peston over the last couple of years. Looks like ITV have decided to reinstate the position now another opening in the political team has opened up, and I suspect it's likely to be filled from within the team.
JO
Jonwo

That would be a demotion though.

I suspect his promotion though is what is creating the role as although it doesn't seem to have been his title he has arguably been the number two to Peston over the last couple of years. Looks like ITV have decided to reinstate the position now another opening in the political team has opened up, and I suspect it's likely to be filled from within the team.

When Peston eventually moves on, I hope Paul Brand becomes Political Editor as he's really proven himself in the last year or so.

21 days later

AM
AMM
(As no more posts are being accepted for the main ITV NEWS thread, posted here)

Richard Pallot described by Nina Hossain on the lunchtime news as ā€˜Business Correspondentā€™ ..first time asfik heā€™s been described in this role?
Update: Mary Nightingale did not describe as such, whilst introducing his VT on the Evening News, though.
CH
chevron
News at Ten wins RTS Daily News Programme of the Year:

LV
LondonViewer
Must have been a Julie edition submitted for consideration Very Happy
AMM, Meridian AM and GMc gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM
Yes! Bradby has improved, but I still find Julie editions much more watchable. She is great.
Media Box, GMc and AMM gave kudos

Newer posts