All the profiles have now been revealed... 6 out of 9 will be catfish

Kaye & Nadia as Gemma Collins
Baga Chipz as Kim Woodburn
Pete & Sam as Rachel Riley
Rickie & Melvin as will.i.am
Lady Leshurr as Big Narstie
and
Charlotte Crosby as Peter Andre

only leaving Denise van Outen, Duncan James and Saffron Barker playing as themselves.
BR
Brekkie
That seems a lot of catfish- usually it is only a couple out of the original 8.

And will.i.am stands out like a sore thumb as someone who wouldn't do a show like this.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
will.i.am does seem like an odd choice, although listening back to Rickie and Melvin's Radio 1 show last night after they revealed the identity, they did say they've spoken to him to get pointers, so at least there's some level of being able to play him.

I guess in the end it's up to who they signed up, and it's just the situation that they ended up with that 6 are wanting to be catfish, it's not as though they can be influenced too much into who they play as by the production as that would be quite suspicious.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I don't know, I remember hearing Will.i.am on Moyles's Radio 1 show a few years ago and he came across surprisingly well, more down to earth than you might expect.

He's known for supporting charities so it's not inconceivable that he might do it.
JA
jay Founding member
Not sure why Will.i.am is being received as an odd choice - famously a lover of technology, which this show embraces, and a judge on The Voice UK hosted by the same presenter - it’s hardly like someone pretending to be Britney Spears or Brad Pitt.
Last edited by jay on 25 February 2021 12:00am
JO
Jon
jay posted:
Not sure why Will.i.am is being received as an odd choice - famously a lover of technology, which this show embraces, and a judge on The Voice UK. It’s hardly like someone pretending to be Britney Spears or Brad Pitt.

I think there is a difference between being a talent show judge and being a contestant on what is effectively the modern day Celeb Big Brother equivalent. I don’t think with his current level of celebrity he’d appear as himself on The Circle but the beauty of the format is even though the others may have their doubts, they just won’t know if it really is him.
JO
Jon

it's not as though they can be influenced too much into who they play as by the production as that would be quite suspicious.

I’m not sure what you mean by this? I imagine the production team have basically decided who is playing who, they’re the ones who will have got the permissions.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
The main point I was making was that it's the celebs choice to play as a catfish, so I think it's by chance that of the celebs who agreed to take part and who have ended up on the show that 6 of them are going to play as catfish. (though this is me assuming that because they would have been approached to do the show, the decision to catfish or not would have been made nearer to or after the confirmation of the line up.)

I agree that the producers will have to gain permissions with whoever the contestant would like to use, my comment on 'suspicious' was if they forced them play themselves when they want to be a catfish (in this example to balance the 6-3 ratio).

Rickie & Melvin said that they discussed between them and the producers about a few different characters they could play as, so as long as those choices agree to them being used as a catfish profile then it's all okay.

17 days later

JO
Josh
On the other hand, the new cast of The Regular Human Circle has been revealed:

JO
Josh
When I first heard the news of a celebrity circle, I was worried that they would ruin the format. They didn't and although there were a few twists (The Triangle), it was a nice show and a deserving winner.

Brekkie and I discussed this over on Twitter and we came to the conclusion that we don't really like the end of the series where they speak with Emma in her "penthouse" studio. It really breaks up the flow and pace of the show and makes it feel clunky and disjointed.

Same time tomorrow to do it all again? Wink
AS
Ash101
Agree with that. Definitely wasn’t looking forward to this week as much as I was the main series, but it’s worked.

I hope they do it again, maybe even for a longer run than just 6 episodes as it felt a bit rushed with the blockings.

How do you suggest they end the series? I quite enjoyed the penthouse idea, it makes sense when it’s not being filmed live as in the past.
JA
Jamesypoo
Agree with the feeling of the final, but I suppose it’s not that different to Big Brother eviction shows in that respect. Also, I think the last supper is a great way to end the time in The Circle, but if that was the way the winner was revealed, you’d kind of lose the element of the former contestants being present - which is pretty standard for the final of a reality TV show (think BB, I’m A Celeb, Bake Off etc).

The only real change I noticed with this series were the OTT introductions to each episode, which I think with Sophie’s voice would have worked if it was almost parodying Marcus Bentley in the late C5 years, but they seemed to be playing it straight, and that didn’t quite sit with me compared to the rest of the show.

Newer posts