Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube

JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
It'll probably appear on TV Moments From Hell (or whatever) in due course, presented totally out of context and made to sound much worse than it actually was.

And commented on by talking heads who'd clearly only seen the footage 5 minutes before they were put in front of the camera to talk about it.
Chemical Think Tank, Lewismpsmith and Brekkie gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Though of course nobody was watching the repeat to find out who won the game.

It is a pet hate of mine when things are edited out of repeats, on demand screenings or even +1 airings because it didn't quite go to plan.

This is obviously an exception to the rule. Its one thing to have a strop on air on a live show but there are probably duty of care responsibilities towards the contestant and as above, not really appropriate to keep showing it any more than they have to. He'll probably get a short amount of attention, maybe go viral for a while but after that it's not really the sort of thing anybody really wants to be known for what is technically vandalism (after all, if that water glass had hit somebody even by accident, he'd probably be up for assault). Suppose its relatively fortunate the entire episode wasn't scrapped, so he'll still get his 15 minutes of fame in the repeat.

It'll probably appear on TV Moments From Hell (or whatever) in due course, presented totally out of context and made to sound much worse than it actually was.

"When TV game shows go horribly wrong"

Next Christmas for 3 hours on Channel 5
TH
Thaedur New member Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
And now it's all gone Crying or Very sad
BE
benriggers Meridian (South) Oxford
A snippet of the first-ever Going Live!

"They don't want your name, just your number"
JO
Joe
Somehow, despite the incredible acting, I can't quite manage to suspend my disbelief at the beginning there…
BE
benriggers Meridian (South) Oxford
Former BBC Scotland announcer Charles Hamilton has uploaded a lot of continuity clips:
"They don't want your name, just your number"
BU
buster London London
Joe posted:
Somehow, despite the incredible acting, I can't quite manage to suspend my disbelief at the beginning there…

I've always found the first series of Going Live quite uneven. It takes a while for Phillip and Sarah to gel (nothing wrong with that, but it jars when you're used to seeing them bounce off each other so well). The set is awful - bits inherited from Saturday Superstore and lots of brown. Trev and Simon haven't got into their groove either and seem to be more about presenting sections of the show with humour than the sketches they'd later be famous for (and of course none of their famous creations were present in series 1 either). As I mentioned on another thread, the new set for series 2 improves things but it's the third run when they up the pace and use more handheld cameras when it feels like proper Going Live as I remember it.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
That set for the first series really shows how small TC7 is, the later sets (as well as the first 3 series of L&K which were also in there) did a good job of making the studio look bigger than it actually was.
IB
IBM New member World News
First post here after lurking for many years., I've learned a great deal from the people here, and I'm glad to finally have a reason to contribute Smile

A fairly in-depth look behind the scenes at the BBC and Sky, appoligies if these have been posted before.

BBC News at Six

Sky News UK
CB
ChipperBird Anglia (East) Look East
Shame we didn’t get Jamie and Zoe in the balloon, or Dani Behr and Joe Mace on the rooftop with the Capoeira dancers.

I think by 1997 people were more cynical about rebrands. There was certainly quite a bit of backlash initially about the new BBC branding (particularly the cost).

While I don't think any major fuss was ever made again on new idents. I'm sure I remember Live and Kicking would sometimes play around with their intro and at one point mapped the pinball with the BBC one balloons texture (but a quick look on Youtube suggests the intro stayed mostly the same till it was fully replaced...) but I'm sure I remember around that time some of the flagship BBC shows would have more modern branding awkwardly digitally added in to avoid making a new one.

By the time the next set after that came in, I think we were starting to get to the point where the BBC wanted Childrens less associated with One and the push to move it to it's own channel had just started so of course there was less talk about whatever BBC One was doing on CBBC content.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
The original film footage for the Bottom opening titles has been transferred to HD:

https://vimeo.com/515651356
paul_hadley and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
The original film footage for the Bottom opening titles has been transferred to HD:

https://vimeo.com/515651356

Embarassed Managed to totally misread this as "film your bottom in HD" and wondering what website I'd ended up on Embarassed

Newer posts