TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

Return to ‘lockdown format’

CH
chinamug UTV Newsline
To be honest, Adeel Amini may be showing a real lack of judgement here, using Twitter to make a point. He directly attacks a show he worked on previously and expects no reaction??? from someone who reacts to almost everything?

If I were cynical, I would think he knew exactly what he was doing and just waited for Morgan to take the bait. Obviously, if this is the case he has excellent judgement, but his own morals are called into question.

If I were employing anyone in the morning, knowing they use Twitter to give personal opinions would be a mark against them.
TVViewer256 and This Is Granada gave kudos
FL
Flux London London
To be honest, Adeel Amini may be showing a real lack of judgement here, using Twitter to make a point. He directly attacks a show he worked on previously and expects no reaction??? from someone who reacts to almost everything?

If I were cynical, I would think he knew exactly what he was doing and just waited for Morgan to take the bait. Obviously, if this is the case he has excellent judgement, but his own morals are called into question.

If I were employing anyone in the morning, knowing they use Twitter to give personal opinions would be a mark against them.

In fairness, he didn’t tag Morgan in his original tweet. That, to me, goes against the idea that he knew what he was doing and seems like he really wasn’t being directly antagonistic. Morgan has 7.7 Million followers, and a quick search shows he gets countless mentions. The chances of him picking up on that one really was minimal and Amini knew that. I actually wonder if someone who knows them both initially flagged it up to him.
CH
chinamug UTV Newsline
Flux posted:

In fairness, he didn’t tag Morgan in his original tweet. That, to me, goes against the idea that he knew what he was doing and seems like he really wasn’t being directly antagonistic. Morgan has 7.7 Million followers, and a quick search shows he gets countless mentions. The chances of him picking up on that one really was minimal and Amini knew that. I actually wonder if someone who knows them both initially flagged it up to him.

That's a fair point and why I myself am in two minds about this. The one thing that makes me slightly suspicious is the use of the term P*ers M*rgan. It tends to be used a bit by those that don't want to meation his name while usually attacking him with little mercy.
JO
Jonwo
TBF The show is called Piers Morgan's Life Stories.
GO
gottago London London

Given that the open letter to ITV was signed by 1,200 people including a number of heads of indies and important people in the industry I think he'll do just fine for work.
TI
This Is Granada UTV

And why was it only Morgan who he called out? What about the other 2 presenters who he said he wont work with but wont call out?? He knew exactly what he was doing poking the Mogan beast.

Quote:

You only have to see his Countdown picture...tells you exactly what you need to know. If I was an employer I would 'file' his cv in the paper shredder.
Bring back the UTV! Bring back Julian & Gillian!
AN
all new Phil Recently warned Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The tide is definitely turning against Piers. His interview with Matt Hancock this morning wasn’t the victory he seems to think it was with the majority of comments to the tweeted video being in Hancock’s favour.
MA
Meridian AM Meridian (South) South Today
I just watched the Hancock "interview" now and it was awful. Very uncomfortable to watch and isn't useful for any viewer. I can't believe how rude and abrupt Morgan can be and get away with it. It isn't "journalism", it's just an ongoing "profile boosting" ego trip for Morgan.
I just don't know how people can watch this tacky "not-news" programme every day.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I did enjoy Hancock looking like he was deliberately trying to wind Piers up this morning by shaking his head and sighing at various points. I thought Piers was going to burst.

Susanna was as per usual a glorified continuity announcer doing very little bar linking into the break, I’m sure 50% of her script every morning is “you’re watching Good Morning Britain on ITV”
SL
Shaun Linden Recently warned Central Reporting Scotland
Prior to the pandemic I'd actively catch up or watch GMB live when Piers and Susanna were on. Since Covid I feel that he has got worse. I get his point about holding ministers to account but no minister is ever going to admit failings as directly as Piers wants them to.

It does feel like an art form for ministers to not answer anything directly.

Q: What did you have for breakfast this morning?
A: As your viewers know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Choosing something to set you up for the day is key for a happy and healthy mind, that could be porridge, but you can always increase that portion for an added kick to get you on your work.

Bacon roll, would have sufficed.
TV
TVViewer256 Meridian (South) South Today
I'm finding it very difficult to see how Piers's response to Adeel was bullying. Adeel took a dig, Piers responded. That response may well have been a little out of proportion, but it certainly doesn't constitute bullying.
TI
timbouk
I'm finding it very difficult to see how Piers's response to Adeel was bullying. Adeel took a dig, Piers responded. That response may well have been a little out of proportion, but it certainly doesn't constitute bullying.

It is all very strange, as he started it with a ‘dig’ and doesn’t like the responses and the coverage he gets from it. If you have a genuine bullying complaint ( and there doesn’t appear to be one) then surely you do it directly via the appropriate channels and not publicly on twitter. If you don’t want to work with someone because of your views towards them then great. Just don’t spend the rest of your career complaining you haven’t got work or a ‘falling through the cracks’ for government handouts.

Newer posts