The Gallery

Ballyboy Asks a Question

Fromerly After Effects Help

MW
Mike W London London
I’m sorry for all the questions. I just got after effects for the very time first time and I’m just trying to master it all by myself. just need some help but I’ll get there in the end. I have ASD and it’s no excuse just hoping to get at it with all the advice.

People have pointed you in the right direction, done their best to send you to the appropriate resources. As part of your creative cloud subscription you should have access to some tutorials on how to do basic things.

You can't just expect everyone to tell you what buttons to push and how and walk out a creative genius.
CN
ClarkNarvas Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

Yeah, so, what's a keyframe? And how do I animate text? and also how do I make the entire BBC 1999 intro? Are clouds real?
CN
ClarkNarvas Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I’m sorry for all the questions. I just got after effects for the very time first time and I’m just trying to master it all by myself. just need some help but I’ll get there in the end. I have ASD and it’s no excuse just hoping to get at it with all the advice.

In all seriousness, if you want questions there's Google for that and there are many tutorials online. I don't want to bash you but not everyone has time.

I don't mind helping a bit though, here's my discord @

@Clark#3780
XI
Xilla Central
I've always wanted to learn After Effects, and playing around with the Schools project file has been a helpful start, some stuff is actually beginning to make sense for me now Smile

Here's one I rendered out earlier, it's for use for my (rare) livestreams and a bit rough round the edges. Played around with keyframes to get the form-up animation going (although as I'm still finding my way around AE I rendered it out separately and joined it together with the main loop in Premiere), . I'd love to have a go at doing the clock animation properly too - here it's just a low-res 3D template and some layer tricks at the moment.

paul_hadley and Josh gave kudos
BA
Bail Moderator Meridian (South) South Today
Oh thats amazing, I'm glad you found it useful. It's hard to explain how powerful after effects can be and what pre-comping layers can do. I love it, well done!
BA
and also how do I make the entire BBC 1999 intro? Are clouds real?

Also I already did that

22 days later

MW
Mike W London London
Bail posted:

Also I already did that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQegTavH5lc

Out of interest Bail, do you still have the Twitch recordings of you creating that?

Appreciate it was a while back so no trouble if you don't!
JI
Jimmyson World News
Bail posted:

Also I already did that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQegTavH5lc

Out of interest Bail, do you still have the Twitch recordings of you creating that?

Not Bail, but I have managed to save a copy of those streams myself. It's like 19GB 😱

8 days later

BA

Not Bail, but I have managed to save a copy of those streams myself. It's like 19GB 😱

That's only mildly terrifying...

In other news my N24 titles are progressing.

Last edited by Bail on 23 February 2021 11:18am
BA
Ballyboy UTV Newsline
The colour scheme is beautiful, why I love those titles. Can’t wait to see it in full 👍
MW
Mike W London London
Bail posted:

That's only mildly terrifying...

In other news my N24 titles are progressing.

I like it, it might be the only reference I've seen for this footage is taken from VHS recordings and the limited memory I have of the time but wasn't the '24' 3D text more softly focused on the original?

The light hit it from further to the right of screen (similar height I'd say) and that caused a glow on top?
BA
Thats start and end frames of that shot, that big blob of white on the right is the 24. It comes into focus at the very end as it moves.

Also, this isn't the finished mock, just "coming along nicely" it's just a very slow complicated one this.

Newer posts