Mass Media & Technology

Disney+ UK Launch Date Confirmed

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RD
rdd Founding member
jay posted:
I wonder if the next film to receive the Premier Access treatment will be Black Widow from the Marvel stable - it's already been delayed a year and I imagine at some point soon they're going to have to make a call on whether they continue to delay it or just bite the bullet.

The release isn't until May but I imagine further delays may start to disrupt the rest of the MCU phase 4 plans..

That one might be an easier one to delay though, since it’s apparently set in the “past” of the MCU
the main character having been written out of the “present”
and so there’s probably little interaction with ongoing storylines.
FA
fanoftv
Yes, it's one thing getting ripped off at the cinema - quite another on your own sofa.

Got a six month free trial now so signed up, Personally I'm finding the amount of content available via the various providers somewhat overwhelming - it's kind of a bit like the situation with linear channels where you do the streaming equivalent of channel hopping and end up watching relatively little.

I 100% agree Brekkie, I spend a lot of my time on the services going though the content, watching trailers or reading descriptions then adding them to my list to watch later... but rarely get around to doing so!
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Lots of the Star content is now starting to appear before tomorrow's launch. The tab isn't there yet but many of the series and movies can be found in the search.
JA
jay Founding member
Lots of the Star content is now starting to appear before tomorrow's launch. The tab isn't there yet but many of the series and movies can be found in the search.

I can already see Family Guy, American Dad and Futurama in the search - that’s me sorted for the next few weeks!
KU
Kunst
I think it launched at 6:00 CET/5:00 GMT
TT
TellyTime
The integration of Star on Disney+ is very slick, it looks like it's always been there, and not just bolted on.
JO
Jonwo
I noticed they've moved some of the Fox stuff they had on Disney+ before like Hello, Dolly! and The Sound of Music to Star.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Indeed a lot of movement of content around, it's looking impressive now across the 'brands'.
CC
CCFG
Bad news for Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans, from what I have seen they are using the awful HD remasters.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I had to enter my password on the Firestick to access the Star content, but otherwise perfectly fine.
JO
Jonwo
Interesting that they managed to get The Favourite on Star but not Bohemian Rhapsody or JoJo Rabbit? I guess there are a few Fox contracts with existing contracts with the other streamers like Amazon in the case of BR.
NW
nwtv2003
Jonwo posted:
Interesting that they managed to get The Favourite on Star but not Bohemian Rhapsody or JoJo Rabbit? I guess there are a few Fox contracts with existing contracts with the other streamers like Amazon in the case of BR.

Oddly, Bohemian Rhapsody was only added to Prime Video last Friday, so it’s highly unlikely to appear on Star anytime soon. I note that Futurama, Lost, Desperate Housewives to name but 3 are still available on Prime Video. I guess there’ll be an overlap period on some content.

Newer posts