TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Score posted:
There are many things that could get Piers Morgan dropped from ITV, but I don't see why a bitchy response on Twitter to someone who had a pop at him first would be one of them.

They’ll probably suspend him for a few days, and then when he returns, he’ll make a big song and dance about being muzzled, probably turning up with his mouth taped up, and most of the show will end up about him
Last edited by Andrew on 22 February 2021 6:58pm
MA
Meridian AM
Score posted:
There are many things that could get Piers Morgan dropped from ITV, but I don't see why a bitchy response on Twitter to someone who had a pop at him first would be one of them.
...most of the show will end up about him

So the same as every day then...
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Jonwo posted:
Piers really doesn’t help himself sometimes.

The complainant was one individual. We have no idea how many, if any, of the other signatories suffered any mis-treatment by ITV or Piers.

It's one complainant against another, not one against 1,200 complaints.
JO
Jonwo
I don't mind Piers defending himself if someone accusing him of something but he shouldn't be name calling while doing so.
CF
CallumF
Statement from ITV:

ME
mediaman2007
Statement from ITV:

Good statement. Having spoken to both parties, ITV have established there was no bullying. Storm in teacup.
JK
JKDerry
i am not surprised at all with the ITV statement.
DB
dbl
Not really surprised by ITV's response. Adeel's response:
LL
London Lite Founding member
ITV siding with one very influential freelancer over those who work their backside off for much less.
ME
mediaman2007
ITV siding with one very influential freelancer over those who work their backside off for much less.

So if the one paid less is wrong, ITV should still say they are in the right? Not sure that's how it works in a court of law.
CF
CallumF
I think it's just more surprising because ITV's statement made out that there was no problem with Piers and bullying which Adeel apparently agreed with - then he released his own statement saying how disappointed he was?
AD
adamiow
I think it's just more surprising because ITV's statement made out that there was no problem with Piers and bullying which Adeel apparently agreed with - then he released his own statement saying how disappointed he was?

As there is no mention in his statement that he is countering that there was indeed bullying, I think he is disappointed with ITV not condemning Piers' tweet and the subsequent backlash.

Even if you ignore the misinterpretation of the poke the beast comment, it seems naive to mention Piers and not expect the potential of some level of push back. The tweet would have been perfectly fine without it.

Newer posts