Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
I thought he just discovered the TVS archive had been burned!
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Tumble Tower was about to present the trophy, so hardly surprising the contestant ran off Wink
GH
Ghost
Tumble Tower was about to present the trophy, so hardly surprising the contestant ran off Wink

And he was going to make him dance to Boogie Beebies Razz
DE88, itvblocks and james-2001 gave kudos
WH
whoiam989
And the full episode is up (well, minus the incident). Available until 18 June 2021:
Arrow https://www.ruv.is/sjonvarp/spila/gettu-betur/30942/972nv3
JA
james-2001
Is there any actual context for what caused it, or did he just throw a tantrum seemingly out of nowhere?
WH
whoiam989
Is there any actual context for what caused it, or did he just throw a tantrum seemingly out of nowhere?

I don't know, but according to a man from Iceland:

TH
Thaedur
Who remembers when Tyne Tees moved from its City Road studios to Gateshead in 2005? They even made a documentary about it:

JA
james-2001
Second half of that is unwatchable, sadly.
BB
BBI45
Icelandic 'University Challenge' tonight (allegedly aired live)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5nqlXeXobk

Looks like they edited the tantrum out and recorded an ending for a later repeat.

BR
Brekkie
Though of course nobody was watching the repeat to find out who won the game.

It is a pet hate of mine when things are edited out of repeats, on demand screenings or even +1 airings because it didn't quite go to plan.
JO
Jon

It is a pet hate of mine when things are edited out of repeats, on demand screenings or even +1 airings because it didn't quite go to plan.

Usually I’d be inclined to agree, but I don’t think it would be right to keep screening someone’s apparent mental breakdown. Besides anyone who wants to watch it will know how to find it on YouTube.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

This is obviously an exception to the rule. Its one thing to have a strop on air on a live show but there are probably duty of care responsibilities towards the contestant and as above, not really appropriate to keep showing it any more than they have to. He'll probably get a short amount of attention, maybe go viral for a while but after that it's not really the sort of thing anybody really wants to be known for what is technically vandalism (after all, if that water glass had hit somebody even by accident, he'd probably be up for assault). Suppose its relatively fortunate the entire episode wasn't scrapped, so he'll still get his 15 minutes of fame in the repeat.

It'll probably appear on TV Moments From Hell (or whatever) in due course, presented totally out of context and made to sound much worse than it actually was.

Newer posts