TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2021

New series started on 20th February (January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay
I thoroughly enjoyed tonight’s show, minus the sound issues.

One small grunt... the titles are too short. Liquid need to pull their finger out and extend them or get Jump Design back.
JO
jonniew
As much as I enjoyed tonight's show, and will continue to watch - really looking forward to next year when hopefully they'll be back to the usual studio audience setup. I absolutely used to love the intro's for SNT, always felt they managed to create such an excited atmosphere.
alexjac0788 and DeMarkay gave kudos
PE
peterh
They did say the win the ads contestant had already been picked earlier what’s to stop somebody she was watching with knowing and making the arrangements for when it was announced in the show. Don’t need to do much with the Audience, turn them down when the action doesn’t need a reaction or get them to mute themselves if they need to say something to another person they are with. Overall not bad for a live studio audience show broadcast live in lockdown ( and all the limitations this brings) in my opinion
PE
peterh
Unfortunately the opening sketch was very morecambe and wise, which is what ant and Dec have been compared to and if m and W did in 1971 it was a homage 50 years late from a and d, which m and W would probably have liked
JO
Jonwo
I assume the contestant on Win The Ads is monitored like the Phone a Friend is on Millionaire to prevent cheating.
JO
Jon
Jonwo posted:
I assume the contestant on Win The Ads is monitored like the Phone a Friend is on Millionaire to prevent cheating.

Probably to some extent, but it isn’t going to be fool proof. Anyway it really doesn’t matter, they don’t pay for the prizes and ultimately it usually comes down to one question.
JO
Jon
I thoroughly enjoyed tonight’s show, minus the sound issues.

One small grunt... the titles are too short. Liquid need to pull their finger out and extend them or get Jump Design back.

That won’t be the design companies choice to make.
AJ
AJ
There really are a bunch of grumpy buggers on here tonight.

It was a decent show and put a smile on my face which is exactly what is needed after the last year.

Technical issues aside, it's pretty impressive to have 300 video calls up and running and coordinated live.
SB
steve brown
Hope we can have an audience live in the studio for the last two shows-be good if Easter Saturday show on April 3 is live,and a cracker!
IT
itvblocks
Those that are moaning, remember this.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
DA
davidhorman
Aren't there usually a couple of ITV2 repeats during the week? Don't see any scheduled this time around.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Does anyone feel that maybe if the show had have been reduced to a one hour format, would it have worked any better? The sound of the virtual audience for me was really the only niggle the show had, all the rest of it I thought worked reasonably well.

No the audience sound wouldn't have been any better if the show was only an hour
Josh, itvblocks and Jon gave kudos

Newer posts