TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GO
gottago
Last week's Drag Race UK featured them suspending production in March and then returning a whole 7 months later to continue the competition. I assume the contestants were all living together for the rest of the series.

What I can't work out is why they've adjusted the panelist order during the judging stage. It was previously Alan/Graham, Michelle, Ru, guest. Now it's Michelle, Ru, Alan/Graham, guest. They haven't played with the line up before so it must be Covid related. I guess it might be an attempt to group the two permanent judges away from the two constantly changing judges though given they've got screens between them I'm not sure it makes much of a difference anyway?
FL
Flux
Last week's Drag Race UK featured them suspending production in March and then returning a whole 7 months later to continue the competition. I assume the contestants were all living together for the rest of the series.

What I can't work out is why they've adjusted the panelist order during the judging stage. It was previously Alan/Graham, Michelle, Ru, guest. Now it's Michelle, Ru, Alan/Graham, guest. They haven't played with the line up before so it must be Covid related. I guess it might be an attempt to group the two permanent judges away from the two constantly changing judges though given they've got screens between them I'm not sure it makes much of a difference anyway?

I tried to work out if there was a reason for this positioning too, but I honestly think it's simply that Michelle had taken that end position in the newly distanced version of the US show (which was filmed during the break in filming the UK version) and they just maintained that positioning when they returned to finish the UK series.

Apart from the panel positioning and the forced break in production, Drag Race in general has been very successful in airing relatively "normal" looking and feeling series on both sides of the pond.
JO
Joe
Last week's Drag Race UK featured them suspending production in March and then returning a whole 7 months later to continue the competition.

Blimey – a lot can happen in a week!
MA
Meridian AM
It is rather odd that Quirke wouldn't want to work with Robson, isn't it? I've seen speculation somewhere that they might have fallen out, which I hope is not true.

It's being reported in a couple of papers and online today that Quirke and Robson did fall out after all, which may explain why she and her son aren't in it anymore, that we were discussing here.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/pauline-quirke-quit-birds-feather-23538521

Nothing about a new series yet. I don't think the Christmas episode was good, although they did well considering the Covid restrictions.
Last edited by Meridian AM on 21 February 2021 10:37pm
BR
Brekkie
Mastermind Australia had their contestants competing remotely for the final stages. Looks like they were in a studio elsewhere.

9 days later

JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Colin Murray back in the Countdown presenting chair today.
RO
rob Founding member

Nick is back on the 17th.
JO
Johnr
rob posted:

Nick is back on the 17th.

You be sure of it!
Matthew_Fieldhouse and TIGHazard gave kudos
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Johnr posted:

You be sure of it!

Very Happy
RL
Running Late
Four in a Bed is suffering this week because of covid filming. If you know the programme format they had to stop filming for 4 months between visits, during that time one couple had to drop out although it's not clear whether that was covid related or not. Guests can't be shown to their rooms, they can't all have an evening meal together, breakfast is socially distanced, activities have to be covid friendly etc. Almost a different programme.
JO
Johnr
It will be interesting to see how payment day is altered, as handling cash from each other is probably not allowed (even though my local bank staff told me they have had no Covid related cases and handle a lot of it on a daily basis!), same on Bargain Hunt they don't hand actual cash out any more
BR
Brekkie
Surely that is a show where forming a bubble for the week of filming is required, otherwise it isn't really practical to film.

Newer posts