The Gallery

Five 2021 Logo Concepts

The return of an old name... (February 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AT
ATeeGD
First Gallery post here! I've benn are lurker for a while here but I finally decided to make an account and create a mock for the gallery for Channel 5, or in this case, Five.

Let's get the elephant out of the room here. I changed it's name back to it's 2002-2011 name, Five. A bit of a controversial decision, I'll admit, but I always felt like the Five name was better. Plus less associating it with Channel 4 (I can't be the only one who does that sometimes). I retains the 2016 logo in a bubble, which can be used as an icon for websites.

The sister channels still use their old wordwarks with Select being all-"gold" and there's, of course, My5/MyFive.

That's it for now and I'd love to see your thoughts!
Last edited by ATeeGD on 14 February 2021 9:06pm
BA
Ballyboy
Can’t see the image mate
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
<edit - post no longer needed. Left below for historic/transparency reasons>

You need this URL to show your mock:

(there are two URLs you get on Imgur - the image itself and the link to the page with the description and all the other page padding. Yes its not entirely obvious, I know but it is what it is)
Last edited by Neil Jones on 14 February 2021 10:09pm
AT
ATeeGD
I fixed it! You should be able to see it now.
BA
Ballyboy
Can I ask what font you used for the five logo?
AT
ATeeGD
I used Coolvetica for this.
BA
Ballyboy
5ive would be a good idea. by the way Helvetica is the for the 2002 font
DK
DanielK
Keeping the '5' motif makes it read as 55, 55 USA, 55 Select etc...

I live the idea of 'five' coming back though.
Alfie Mulcahy and UBox gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
5five makes no sense at all.
RO
rob Founding member
Either use the numeral 5 or the text version. Having both together is pointless.
AT
ATeeGD
Thanks for the feedback! The 5 numeral isn't supposed to be read, it's supposed to be an icon like the peacock in the NBC logo, but I see where you're going here. I'll get to a new one right away.
TL
Tyler LastName
I’d say keep the Five text for the main logo, but get rid of it for the Sister channels.

Newer posts