TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Although I think with the like of Ne-Yo and Gabrielle and Morten Harket to an extent the show works on a different level of rediscovering older stars who may no longer have recogniseable faces, but do have voices worth remembering.
Here's to the next 20 ye.....

Oh!
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I did think maybe Ne-Yo wouldn't like to be called older, but then I remembered that So Sick was 15 years ago.... ouch.
Lewismpsmith and Ghost gave kudos
AB
AcerBen Granada North West Today
Jon posted:
Although with The Masked Singer, it arguably requires a bigger profile in the first place than other celebrity shows for it to work.

Certainly wouldn't work if someone takes their head off and most of the audience (and the panel) are asking "who is that?".

That's why dragon was never going to be Courtney Act, and why future series hopefully won't be resorting to "social media influencers" and reality TV stars.

Admittedly though, I'm not sure Ne-Yo, if badger does turn out to be him, will get that sort of instant recognition either, despite the fact he's had big hits which still get a lot of airplay (and one of which has already been performed on the show).

Kelis and Skin weren't necessarily household "faces" either.. though probably with the success of the show it's now easier for them to get bigger names to do it, and only Covid stopped them getting more international ones this time
IT
itvblocks (previously Lewismpsmith)
Jon posted:
Although with The Masked Singer, it arguably requires a bigger profile in the first place than other celebrity shows for it to work.

Certainly wouldn't work if someone takes their head off and most of the audience (and the panel) are asking "who is that?".

That's why dragon was never going to be Courtney Act, and why future series hopefully won't be resorting to "social media influencers" and reality TV stars.

Admittedly though, I'm not sure Ne-Yo, if badger does turn out to be him, will get that sort of instant recognition either, despite the fact he's had big hits which still get a lot of airplay (and one of which has already been performed on the show).

Kelis and Skin weren't necessarily household "faces" either.. though probably with the success of the show it's now easier for them to get bigger names to do it, and only Covid stopped them getting more international ones this time

I suppose the whole idea is to bring in stars "under the masks" that younger and older viewers will have some sort of knowledge of, even if they don't know them fully?

People might not know them because they were either too young to understand them in their hey-day, or the clues have flown over their head, name on the tip of their tongue.etc
Goodbye TV Forum. Stay safe everyone.
If we do find a new home, I will now be known as "itvblocks"
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Not knowing who someone is is almost as important as knowing who they are when it comes to the guessing game element of this.
Here's to the next 20 ye.....

Oh!
IT
itvblocks (previously Lewismpsmith)
Not knowing who someone is is almost as important as knowing who they are when it comes to the guessing game element of this.

Exactly, that's the idea of the show.
Goodbye TV Forum. Stay safe everyone.
If we do find a new home, I will now be known as "itvblocks"
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today
Well, as the final is right up against us, I thought I'd offer this thought. At least this season (whether by accident or design due to the obvious) it has sorted the biggest gripe I had with series 1.

In that there were so many clues, that you knew who all - or some - of the finalists were behind the mask. This time, I have a short list for two of them, and no clue at all for one of them. So, it has actually made this series final less of a 'dead rubber' than the last one.

And a production point of view. How do they do the one shots of the panellists during the perfomances?

Is it a case of having one fixed lockout of all of them, then have 1 camera for two of them (Mo/Davina & Rita/Johnathan) and they zoom in to each one for the comments during the performance in post-prod? Just interest how that's pulled off, given the restricted space for the camera operators on the ganatry directly opposite the judges desk.
Packing my boxes up here on TV Forum, and getting the roadmaps out to find my way over to TV Live from Thursday April 1st
AB
AcerBen Granada North West Today
I've actually found it easier to guess them this year.. but perhaps I wouldn't have done if I wasn't reading what other people were saying online and just watched the show.

Certainly seems like the judges have taken longer (I feel deliberately) to say the right names. A bit convenient that nobody mentioned Gabrielle for several weeks then the week she goes she gets 4 out of 5 judges naming her.
Jon and Lewismpsmith gave kudos
NE
News96 Look North (Yorkshire)
Right today's the day of the final-my final guesses

Sausage-Sheridan Smith (as i refuse to believe for 1 minute it's Stacey Solomon like some are claiming, the clues don't fit!)
Robin-Aston Merrygold
Badger-This is one i'm not certain about but i'm going for Damon Albarn however the clue about Spreading cheer should be for the whole year, not just at Christmas means it might not be him.
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Robin - Aston Merrygold
Badger - Ne-Yo
Sausage - Stacey Solomon/Joss Stone

My preferred order would be:

3rd - Sausage
2nd - Badger
1st - Robin
Really enjoyed my time on this forum. Thanks for all the memories. 2019-2021
JO
Johnr
Stacey Solomon has just got a sausage dog so she has to be sausage right?!

Love how the tabloids put 2+2 and get 5 like that sometimes!
LY
Lyneham99 New member Points West
After looking at the clues given over the weeks.( VT's, Visuals, song performances, ).

ROBIN should be and i agree with the majority that the clues belong to ASTON MERRYGOLD (JLS).

Possibly Sausage will win????
Last edited by Lyneham99 on 14 February 2021 11:26am

Newer posts