TV Home Forum

Dancing on Ice 2021

AS
Ash101
Jonwo posted:

It was probably the wrong decision to even replace Rufus, but I wonder if they wanted to keep the numbers up incase there’s another Covid related withdrawal.

It would have been much fairer to have Matt debut in the same week as Amy and have Rufus withdraw a week earlier.

But I think Rufus was given a 1 public vote pass (but it spanned 2 episodes as he wasn’t due to perform in the first one). He only pulled out mid week as he was still testing positive. Withdrawing him the previous week would’ve been a bit premature.
JO
Josh
Joe-Warren Plant has left the competition due to testing postive for COVID-19.
It looks like someone's bleached the Minions.
JO
Jonwo
At this rate, they might have to either cut the show by a week or bring someone back.
JO
Josh
It has been revealed that Holly & Phil will be taking part tomorrow night to fill in for the lost numbers. Very Happy
It looks like someone's bleached the Minions.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Josh posted:

Caught it from Rufus did he? This shows that the isolation protocols aren't working. The show is in trouble.
JK
JKDerry Recently warned UTV Newsline
Why was Strictly Come Dancing nearly perfect with their Covid safe production compared to Dancing on Ice?

Strictly had just one case of Covid, but the rest of the production completed perfectly. We now know, ITV Covid protocols for the show, is not as stringent and enforced than Strictly was at the BBC.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Why was Strictly Come Dancing nearly perfect with their Covid safe production compared to Dancing on Ice?

‘Corony’ is clearly a Strictly fan.

Strictly had just one case of Covid, but the rest of the production completed perfectly. We now know, ITV Covid protocols for the show, is not as stringent and enforced than Strictly was at the BBC.

I’m not really sure you understand how this virus works. Unless your bubbling everyone up you can’t really eliminate risk, it could just be a case of one production having worse luck. I think the virus was possibly worse with new variants etc when this series of DOI started compared to the within when SCD was on air.
Last edited by Jon on 12 February 2021 4:05pm
JK
JKDerry Recently warned UTV Newsline
Jon posted:

I’m not really sure you understand how this virus works.

Please explain to me why Strictly production had less Covid cases than Dancing on Ice? Surely both shows are following the same guidance and health measures.

Instead of trying to be funny, it would be better if you could inform me rather than try to make fun of me, simply enquiring.
GO
gottago London London

No we don't know that at all. None of the other couples or crew appear to have caught it. ITV can't police them 24 hours a day and it's much more likely he caught it away from set.
JAS84 posted:
Josh posted:

Caught it from Rufus did he?

Doubt it, it's been over 3 weeks since he was on set and they won't have come into contact anyway.
Otis Crump, Score and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Jon posted:

I’m not really sure you understand how this virus works.

Please explain to me why Strictly production had less Covid cases than Dancing on Ice? Surely both shows are following the same guidance and health measures.

Instead of trying to be funny, it would be better if you could inform me rather than try to make fun of me, simply enquiring.

Educate yourself. COVID has no respect for companies health and safety procedures, and Strictly itself had a week where a pro, a presenter and a number of crew members caught it, and I suspect a significant proportion of the millions who've caught it probably thought they were being super safe too.

A shame to lose a contender though - the first enforced exit that feels like they've actually lost someone.
Last edited by Brekkie on 12 February 2021 5:29pm
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Jonwo posted:
At this rate, they might have to either cut the show by a week or bring someone back.

Bringing someone back won’t be an easy feat as they won’t have been self isolating prior to the show nor creating a covid cohort - which pretty much rules out anyone joining for the next two shows at least - if at all.

I’m sure there’s been a back up plan in place should the series have to wrap up earlier than expected. We may see some ‘Best of’ shows replacing any missing episodes from the run, or rerun Torvill & Dean or Skating on Thin Ice from Christmas to fill any gaps.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
JO
Jonwo
It’s easy to forget that Strictly had a few Covid cases. It’s probably worse for DOI because they’ve already had two injuries along with the Covid withdrawals contestant wise.

They’re unlikely to pull the show at this stage but cutting a week probably would be the best option

Newer posts