TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2021

New series started on 20th February (January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
iloveTV1
Jonwo posted:
The schedulers tend to react to what the competition is so what might work one week might not work another, they tend to see what the competition will air on a Tuesday two weeks before a programme airs then makes changes before the deadline 24 hours later. Some programmes will be firmly in place but others can be shifted and replaced with other programmes within that period.

Of course the schedules can be changed after that point. In September 2019, an episode of Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions was moved an hour later to 8.30pm on the Tuesday before it aired. Trailers had gone out advertising the 7.30pm start time, and the TV guide magazines had been published by that point. I’m sure it did the viewing figures the world of good.
BR
Brekkie
I'm sure Not Going Out was moved last week too from 8.30pm to 8.05pm, having already been moved from 9.30pm. Seemed rather disrespectful for Bobby Ball's final show.

Back to SNT and they're sticking to 90 minutes for this series, with an extra 10 minute spin-off on ITV Hub.
TV
iloveTV1
I'm sure Not Going Out was moved last week too from 8.30pm to 8.05pm, having already been moved from 9.30pm. Seemed rather disrespectful for Bobby Ball's final show.

Back to SNT and they're sticking to 90 minutes for this series, with an extra 10 minute spin-off on ITV Hub.

Not Going Out was at 8.05pm from the start, but yeah, no reason why they couldn’t have aired it at 9.30pm like usual.
SW
Steve Williams
Of course the schedules can be changed after that point. In September 2019, an episode of Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions was moved an hour later to 8.30pm on the Tuesday before it aired. Trailers had gone out advertising the 7.30pm start time, and the TV guide magazines had been published by that point. I’m sure it did the viewing figures the world of good.

There was a classic example of a last minute switcharound when Big Brother 2 started in 2001, where in all the provisional schedules it was down as starting on the Monday, and then in the penultimate exchange ITV added the first episode of Survivor to Monday as well. So at the very last minute C4 moved Big Brother to Saturday to get on first.
UL
ulsterman92

Not Going Out was at 8.05pm from the start, but yeah, no reason why they couldn’t have aired it at 9.30pm like usual.

There was reasons why it was moved and it was the 2 part Death in Paradise 10th Anniversary special and the FA Cup Football this week meant a lot of shows moved slots. Would I Lie to You has been on Mondays the last fortnight at 8.30pm. Celeb Best Home Cook was moved. Holby City was moved too so I dont think its disrespectful to the brilliant Bobby Ball

You can also blame ITV that decide some weeks to air an hour Corrie on a Friday or sometimes have split episodes which means Eastenders has to change slot.
CU
Cusack

There was reasons why it was moved and it was the 2 part Death in Paradise 10th Anniversary special and the FA Cup Football this week meant a lot of shows moved slots. Would I Lie to You has been on Mondays the last fortnight at 8.30pm. Celeb Best Home Cook was moved. Holby City was moved too so I dont think its disrespectful to the brilliant Bobby Ball

You can also blame ITV that decide some weeks to air an hour Corrie on a Friday or sometimes have split episodes which means Eastenders has to change slot.

Eastenders doesn't HAVE to change slots, the BBC choose to change the slot. Surely nowadays with catch up on the ITV Hub or iPlayer or indeed ITV+1, and the repeats, there's no need to change slot.
DA
davidhorman

Eastenders doesn't HAVE to change slots, the BBC choose to change the slot. Surely nowadays with catch up on the ITV Hub or iPlayer or indeed ITV+1, and the repeats, there's no need to change slot.

It's still best all-round for viewers if two of the most popular programs don't clash.

Edit: obviously I spoke too soon because they're clashing tonight!
Last edited by davidhorman on 12 February 2021 6:37pm
AB
AcerBen

It's still best all-round for viewers if two of the most popular programs don't clash.

And whilst people can find ways of catching up, a significant number of people just don't. And if people end up regularly missing episodes they may be more likely to stop watching altogether. Considering the situation it's in, they need to do everything they can to protect EE.
BR
Brekkie

I'd imagine nowadays more Corrie viewers would be likely to watch Not Going Out than EastEnders. Would be interesting to see the venn diagram for the soap viewers nowadays - suspect there is a significant crossover for the ITV soaps but not so much for them with EastEnders.
VM
VMPhil

I'd imagine nowadays more Corrie viewers would be likely to watch Not Going Out than EastEnders. Would be interesting to see the venn diagram for the soap viewers nowadays - suspect there is a significant crossover for the ITV soaps but not so much for them with EastEnders.

The commitment to watching a soap is much greater now that they’re all on so many times a week.
DE88, Matthew_Fieldhouse and Brekkie gave kudos
DA
davidhorman

The commitment to watching a soap is much greater now that they’re all on so many times a week.

Three episodes of Corrie a week was a refershing change and I wish it had continued. But hey, I guess it has to be quantity over quality when advertisers are paying the bills.
SL
Slocker
looks like Cat dealy will be joining Ant and Dec on takeaway.
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a35507058/ant-and-dec-smtv-live-reunion-saturday-night-takeaway/

Newer posts